Thread: orange brown stones?

orange brown stones?

yesterday had about 7 that I saw about 1/8 inch to 1/4 then today we irrigated changed cathe as it time to urine clear no odor just looked down 2 more passing thru no fever no sweat cold but that's standard for me

should I be concerned

Anytime you see stones or sand in your urine you should be concerned. Time to get back to your urologist and be screened again. You should also collect the stones in a sterile container so that the urologist can see them, and decide if they need to be sent to a lab for analysis for the type of stone.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

thank you that's why I ask but dumb question please I doubt I can getinto till next week if I gather them in a container can I put in fridge will they be ok. and I last really dumb question

if I am passing them what is it about I should be concerned and thank you for taking time

Yes, you can keep them in a specimen cup and take with you. No need to refrigerate.

If you pass stones, likely there are ones still in your bladder or kidney that have not yet or been able to pass.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-31-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

thank you making appt

When I had some that color, traditional beer bottle color, they were very crystalline and I was told that they were composed of uric acid. I was prescribed allopurinol to prevent a recurrence. I don't know if it did any good. I took it for about 10 months and quit. Never had more stones of that same composition.

yeah went yesterday ct scan and ex ray no stones but next time I take senior bus this crap of no van parking 20 minutes sitting hoping someone leave. had to ask a lady if she would move so I could have her spot

she just sitting waiting for someone