Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the head honcho of Permobil?

I've had three motor failures on the same wheel in 12 months and I am absolutely sick to death of it. At the moment, my corpus 500 is sitting in the corner going nowhere quickly.
    If I was to write to the CEO I assume I will send my letter to Sweden?

I HATE mine. I stupidly listened to a friend urging me to get a front wheel drive, and not the Quickie. The chair is huge, they configured it really far forward, so the back wheels are ridiculously far back and hit everything. They're also big, which I guess is good on one hand, but they are not very smooth turning, and it's the most non-agile chair ever. Which sucks because I do dog agility, and need to turn and maneuver quickly. It's sloooow on reversing and turning. It's not even a year old, and falling apart. I saw an adult in a pediatric M300, and it looked a lot smaller, but I was told the base is the exact same as an adult. I'm really short, so the back on this is horrible, and pushes me forward.
    Did I mention I hate the chair? lol. Now I'm stuck with it for the next 5 years.

Tom Bochering is an awesome human

I purchased a Quickie M 700 Sedeo and I absolutely love it. It's the comfiest wheelchair I have ever sat in. I was a little bit dubious about getting a mid-wheel drive wheelchair initially, however, all doubts have long been extinguished. If you want a wheelchair that is as at home indoors as it is outdoors then this wheelchair ticks all the boxes. The only thing I would say is I'm not sure how good it would be over a little bit of rough ground. I think a front-wheel Quickie might be slightly better if you have to navigate a little bit of rough ground that may contain very small tree roots and little divots in the grass.

Permobil has let me down big time here in the UK. We've only got a small number of guys running the show over here. However, they are next to useless nowadays. I've done with Permobil, never go back to them ever again.
    This will show you how useless they are. They sold me a wheelchair not realising that firstly the F5 will not work with the Permolock vehicle restraint, and secondly it was me that informed them that the Permolock had been discontinued and shouldn't have even been listed on their website. One of the first things I asked when I showed interest in the F5 was "Will it work with the Permolock?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Does anybody know who the CEO of Permobil is?
    What kind of issue are you having that the local level is not addressing?

I would ask the local Permobil rep how the VP of sales in and start there 1st.

Email is 1st name.last name@Permobil.com

http://www.permobil.com/en/Corporate...p-Management-/

I too seem to be backing into everything with my F3. It definitely seems to have more sticking out the back end than my old c300.

Quote Originally Posted by RollinPositive View Post
    What kind of issue are you having that the local level is not addressing?

I would ask the local Permobil rep how the VP of sales in and start there 1st.

Email is 1st name.last name@Permobil.com

http://www.permobil.com/en/Corporate...p-Management-/
    What I have got to say can only be sad to the man who is in charge. If I send my complaint to the UK side of Permobil then the letter will just end up in the wastepaper basket. I have absolutely nothing against Permobil wheelchairs, in fact, it's quite the contrary I absolutely love my Corpus 500. The problem I've got is with the people who run the company over here in the UK. They are absolutely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    I too seem to be backing into everything with my F3. It definitely seems to have more sticking out the back end than my old c300.
    That's why I love my Quickie M700. Because it's a mid-wheel drive chair it doesn't have much sticking out the back so it's perfect for tight spaces. You can literally turn on a dime and you don't have to worry about leaving huge gouges down the furniture behind you. The only thing I don't like about this wheelchair there doesn't appear to be any way to hang a bag on the back like you can a Permobil

I think Permobil also bought out Smart Driven TiLite.

Blog Entries
    They've acquired ~6 companies over the past 5-6 years, iirc. TiLite, SmartDrive, Roho, and Otto Bock all come to mind. They were acquired themselves back in like 2013 by a couple investment holding companies (Investor AB and Patricia Industries iirc), and have been aggressively expanding since then. Lots of pressure when that happens to keep growing and capturing the market to serve the investors. As long as we don't get left behind it's all good. I guess.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments