Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Mize, a doctor with coronavirus silenced, right here on your only news source. 2.56 min.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/03/asia/...hnk/index.html

I don't read or watch CNN or Fox. You shouldn't either. Fox viewers score dead last in tests on current events. PBS and NPR viewers/listeners score the highest.

Anyway, yeah, a doctor in China tried to do better, was silenced, got sick and is on CNN so it's a pretty shitty coverup if he made CNN, no?

I have about a dozen friends who live in Wuhan and they're all fine.

Look, there's a decent chance this pandemic spreads everywhere and we see a lot of deaths, but the death rate is still about 2--3% so it's no apocalypse. It's particularly bad for SCIs as we tend to struggle with things like coughing, so our death rate will likely be higher.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I don't read or watch CNN or Fox. You shouldn't either. Fox viewers score dead last in tests on current events. PBS and NPR viewers/listeners score the highest.

Anyway, yeah, a doctor in China tried to do better, was silenced, got sick and is on CNN so it's a pretty shitty coverup if he made CNN, no?

I have about a dozen friends who live in Wuhan and they're all fine.

Look, there's a decent chance this pandemic spreads everywhere and we see a lot of deaths, but the death rate is still about 2--3% so it's no apocalypse. It's particularly bad for SCIs as we tend to struggle with things like coughing, so our death rate will likely be higher.
    The doctor with coronavirus has died, no mention if from the virus or otherwise.

You are fortunate to have so many friends in Wuhan. If they still have internet or phone service, could you ask them if it is true that there is smoke billowing 24/7 from the crematoriums?
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Sure. I’ll ask, but they’ve not mentioned it yet, so I truly doubt it.

If they still have phone and internet?
    Of course they do. Wuhan is a thriving tech center with thousands of US company satellites and US citizen employees. Travel is restricted to prevent spread of the virus, but people are working and living their lives and interacting with the rest of the world.

You might want to stop reading conspiracy theory sites. It’s not good for your mental state.

Ah, I see some people are being barred from WeChat for discussing the government’s mishandling of the situation. Typical oppressive China. Not unlike the America that most Trumpers want where the media says only what the King approves. You’d think seeing autocracy in China they’d be smart enough not to embrace it here, yet they do.

Anyway, they’re evacuating lots of Americans because the Wuhan death rate is over 4% when the rest of China is under 0.5%. It’s going to get interesting to see how our CDC, down some 700 employees thanks to Trump, will do if it starts to spread here.

Spoke to a couple friends in China. One from Wuhan but he moved to Wuxi a couple years back. People are working from home and staying in as much as they can to avoid exposure. Nobody knows anything about rumors of crematoriums running full bore and none of them know anyone who has died from the virus.

1000 dead is significant, but we lose about 20 times that to the flu in the US every year and China's got 3x our population.

CDC needs to update and upgrade their numbers.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    CDC needs to update and upgrade their numbers.
    They can't. They're down 700 employees since Trump took office and he just slashed the US contribution to the WHO. Pretty stupid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    They can't. They're down 700 employees since Trump took office and he just slashed the US contribution to the WHO. Pretty stupid.
    Don't forget another reduction to CDC operating budget in his latest federal budget proposal.

But, it's probably a huge global Illuminati conspiracy to hide the truth. Yeah. That's it.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Oh, now it's political.