Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Oh, now it's political.
    I'm sure the Democrats will now launch an investigation.

Can the Coronavirus be stopped anytime soon, or at all? More numbers. 19 min. video

From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

February 18, 2020, 10:30 a.m, Liu Zhiming, the director of Wuhan Wuchang Hospital dies, the seventh health worker to fall victim. This hospital was designed to solely treat virus-infected patients. They all need our prayers.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Yesterday evening at Costa Mesa, CA. 2 min. video

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...a-coronavirus/

Oh it's definitely a pandemic. I've now spoken with four different friends in China an none are sick. Two are returning to work soon and a third is returning to her job city after remaining home since Lunar New Year celebrations. She will have to work at home for 2 weeks without symptoms before she can return to work at Amazon.

It's a very serious thing with the current mortality rate a 3.3%.

My question is what is the additional risk factor for SCIs. The only classes of higher risk mentioned that I can find are coronary disease (highest chance of death) followed pulmonary issues and diabetes.

I'm slated for air travel to both Texas and Mexico in April for work and may cancel.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Oh, now it's political.
    When the Trump the Swamp Monster appoints career Lobbyists to run HHS and every other government agency and fires scientists for speaking and publishing the truth (just like China does!) and then the lobbyists go on to defang their agencies in order to benefit their corporations, then you wind up with the problem we have today. A global pandemic and a CDC that has lost its best experts owing to politics of the anti-science GOP.

How many anti-science republicans will continue to rely solely on faith once the vaccine arrives?
    Good chance China develops it first...
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Oh it's definitely a pandemic. I've now spoken with four different friends in China an none are sick. Two are returning to work soon and a third is returning to her job city after remaining home since Lunar New Year celebrations. She will have to work at home for 2 weeks without symptoms before she can return to work at Amazon.

It's a very serious thing with the current mortality rate a 3.3%.

My question is what is the additional risk factor for SCIs. The only classes of higher risk mentioned that I can find are coronary disease (highest chance of death) followed pulmonary issues and diabetes.

I'm slated for air travel to both Texas and Mexico in April for work and may cancel.
    Mize,
    I expect the risks to SCId people reflect our usual weaknesses. Anyone with a history of pneumonia has a higher risk of serious illness and death from this virus. I never forget that the 2 leading causes of death for us re infection and pneumonia. I have had 2 bouts of pneumonia in my life, the worst following my accident. Quads who cannot walk my be at higher risk because our lungs are weaker. High quads are always t higher risk of lung illness, but I do not forget that this is taking young, healthy people as well.

This year's flu is also a bad one, I am hearing anecdotally.

Wash hands often, wear a breathing mask in public (especially hospitals), and revisit your health directives. Have your papers in order. Everyone should review those documents yearly anyway.

Remember- you may die of boredom from reading certain members' posts before you can die of something else.

Hear is a link to an excellent post by Heather Cox Richardson, a Political Historian. https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxr...312?__tn__=K-R

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Stan View Post
    I'm sure the Democrats will now launch an investigation.
    No investigation needed, it's blatantly obvious. Congress must step in but then there's Mitch. He'll fall in line and deny science just as his King does. Blocking votes on anything a non GOPer brings to him.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

The Minister of Health, China, went on TV and held interviews and speeches while showing signs of the virus. Later he was hospitalized with full blown virus.

Since last Sunday, the virus was found in 12 more countries. That's 12 more countries in <4 days.

It has been traced back as far as patient 31. Can't recall exact number but I think they've said he caused 1000's of others to get it (someone else can find exact number, post it).

Virus can be spread 2 weeks before the infected know they have it.

Virus can be spread from inanimate objects such as packaging and/or shipping crates. (I've not double confirmed this yet).

This first case not related to China was discovered yesterday (not in US). Morphed strain?

The CDC is being censored by Trump/Pence. Trying to not upset the stock market. Money is < lives.

Gulf Coast contaminated last year, killing many, sickening many more. EPA budget cuts = few monitors = bad crap dumped into water with no one to investigate.
    Now CDC budget cuts will speed up the cycle of "quick cash for billionaires", so what if people die.
    Last edited by Gearhead; Yesterday at 02:07 AM.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    When the Trump the Swamp Monster appoints career Lobbyists to run HHS and every other government agency and fires scientists for speaking and publishing the truth (just like China does!) and then the lobbyists go on to defang their agencies in order to benefit their corporations, then you wind up with the problem we have today. A global pandemic and a CDC that has lost its best experts owing to politics of the anti-science GOP.

How many anti-science republicans will continue to rely solely on faith once the vaccine arrives?
    Good chance China develops it first...
    The vaccine is already out there, it is a matter of how soon someone finds or brings it out. Science does not save us and it does not matter what political party one supports (if any). Without faith, we have nothing!