Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camper-minivan

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    You need something like this! I use my Molift to transfer back and forth form my wheelchair and bed. https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/tro...056508844.html
    I like this. You get space. Another option is to buy a motorhome and gut the cabinets and shit that are in the way out of it.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I'm afraid the gas bill alone on that would be jaw-dropping!
    It has a big tank. We can fill it up and go around 600 miles and still have about a half a tank left. Not sure about the exact miles per gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I like this. You get space. Another option is to buy a motorhome and gut the cabinets and shit that are in the way out of it.
    That is all we did. Gutted all the seats and put some fold up bunk beds in it.

That is all we did. Gutted all the seats and put some fold up bunk beds in it.
    Do you own this? Was wondering if the floor is level up thru the cab. If the drivers seat was removed could a person in a power chair pull up to the steering wheel? Also what do you use for a mattress to avoid getting a sore?
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    Do you own this? Was wondering if the floor is level up thru the cab. If the drivers seat was removed could a person in a power chair pull up to the steering wheel? Also what do you use for a mattress to avoid getting a sore?
    Yes I own it. The floor is not level up thru the cab. The driver's seat is lower. I use a memory foam mattress. Works good for me.

Good to know...thxs.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Yes I own it. The floor is not level up thru the cab. The driver's seat is lower. I use a memory foam mattress. Works good for me.
    So you are transferred on to one of the bunks? How do you get dressed in that space?

Is the vehicle you posted the one you have, or one available for sale (or both)?

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    So you are transferred on to one of the bunks? How do you get dressed in that space?

Is the vehicle you posted the one you have, or one available for sale (or both)?
    Yes using my Molift. I usually have my brothers with me and they get me ready. There isn't a lot of room to work with. Yes it's mine but it is sold as of today.