Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New CareCure

New CareCure

I have some good news!

Oddity and a friend have been working behind the scenes for a few months, upgrading the software (vBulletin) that runs CareCure. They have been able to upgrade to the newest version, and import all of the data (nearly two millions posts). It is going to look a lot different but will be fully functional.

There is still a bunch of work to do but they are getting there.

Thanks Oddity and Paco!

Great! Will our registrations and log-ons transfer over too, or do we have to re-register?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Blog Entries
    Everything should transfer over. Working on photos and avatars now.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Thxs!
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Washington DC area--------------------T3 complete
    Awesome - thanks !!

Wow, that is great news! Thanks, Oddity and Paco.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I have some good news!

Oddity and a friend have been working behind the scenes for a few months, upgrading the software (vBulletin) that runs CareCure. They have been able to upgrade to the newest version, and import all of the data (nearly two millions posts). It is going to look a lot different but will be fully functional.

There is still a bunch of work to do but they are getting there.

Thanks Oddity and Paco!
    Instance email on replied to threads coming back to?
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Nice dale
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Nice dale
    Thanks. We have tremendous technical support from Paco. He is amazing at what he does. He has managed to address all the backend technical issues with the upgrade process to migrate and clean up the environment, and get it hosted off of Rutgers, which has left me good space to learn VBulletin administration and configuration to help preserve as much of CareCure as we have grown to know and love it.

We're at about 85% done. Moving slowly but getting done. We've got a fully functional test site setup and everything but some photos and avatars upgraded through the versions without issue. We are upgrading version by version through 4 versions of vBulletin to catch up to the latest version and each step is a big processes with its own issues.

It'll be a bit different, but it has to be. The latest version is entirely different architecture and software but is safer more secure and will help offload a ton of work from Jim and his moderators if all goes to plan while providing better features for users, IMO. Some things will have to change though, but we won't lose any history or accounts. I'm planning on putting together a document for the community like an FAQ soon, and opening the test site to a small group for a little testing as well.

Cheers!
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments