Thread: Drive from Wheelchair?

Drive from Wheelchair?

I've been researching this and wonder if anyone here drives from their wheelchair, power one or manual. If so is it side or rear entry and what vehicle - mini van, SUV, full size van?
    Thanks for any comments!

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    i've been researching this and wonder if anyone here drives from their wheelchair, power one or manual. If so is it side or rear entry and what vehicle - mini van, suv, full size van?
    Thanks for any comments!
    following.
    U SHOULD CONSIDER POSTING IN THE BIG SCI FB PAGE
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Yes, from my power chair. Side entry Toyota with folding ramp. Why are you researching this?
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Thanks for the responses. Will check out FaceBook page. Why I'm researching this?.......just interested in whether this is an option for me and my husband - both wheelers. (We have only used full size vans with transfer seats.) Transfer to drivers' seat getting complicated as aging occurs.
    I've only scoured the internet, but have never actually been on the inside of a vehicle with this modification, and apparently they may only be available as a new order due to infrequently made. With two wheelchair occupants don't know if it's possible to set up the driver area for two different chairs/bodies using it.
    It seems this type of modification is more common in European countries than the US. Why?
    It is frustrating to think of giving up driving when one's transfers become too difficult or unsafe.