Thread: New Study on Bladder Management in SCI

New Study on Bladder Management in SCI

Received this from the study coordinators.

Institution Review Board (IRB or REB) approval has been granted at the University of North Carolina, University of Utah, and Western University. Principal investigators are Dr Jeremy Myers (University of Utah), Dr Michael Kennelly (University of North Carolina, and Dr Blayne Welk (Western University)., and the study is funded by the Craig H Nielson Foundation:

New SCI Attributes study:

What/Why: We are trying to understand how people living with a spinal cord injury decide on bladder management and identify any barriers related to the different methods of bladder care that should be addressed by healthcare teams. l

Eligibility: At least 18 years old, Traumatic or non-traumatic SCI, at least one year post-injury.

Goals: We want to create an online support tool to help provide people with an SCI with individualized recommendations and information.

What you need to do: We need to set up a time to do the study enrollment over the phone, which will take us about 15-30 minutes. Then you will have 1 online questionnaire to complete, which has been taking 30-40 minutes to complete.

Payment: We will pay you $50 for your participation after the online questionnaire is completed. This can be paid to you with either an Amazon (emailed) or Walmart (mailed) gift card.

How many people we are enrolling: 600 participants. We are enrolling for the study at Lawson Health (Canada), University of Utah (Utah), Atrium Health Carolina's Rehab (North Carolina).

Get more information, at this URL:

https://www.nbrg.org/research/select...articipate.php

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-22-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

This is a good idea, but forums have probably answered the challenges better,.

I did one of these surveys a few years ago. I signed up again. I can always use a $50 gift card...

Enrolled 50$ New fishing gear, I'm in !

I just finished the survey... took about 45 minutes. I did a similar survey with them about 4 years ago. I'll be glad to get the $50 Amazon gift card but moreover, I'm hoping to talk to one of the participating doctors regarding my bladder leakage.

I was about to work on this topic and do my project with one of the group coordinators from the Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation (Ege University Faculty of Medicine in Turkey). But it turned out my paid internship contract didn't allow me to get a work permit.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeD View Post
    I was about to work on this topic and do my essay project with one of the group coordinators from the Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation (Ege University Faculty of Medicine in Turkey). But it turned out my paid internship contract didn't allow me to get a work permit.

I tried to contact the Clinical Research Coordinator for details: elizabeth.lignell (at) hsc . utah . edu, but I get the message that the recipient's mailbox is full.
    Last edited by ReneeD; 02-12-2020 at 08:58 AM. Reason: email

Fill out the form on the link and they will contact you if they need more participants.