Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blister on my heel

Blister on my heel

Yesterday, after my bath while putting on my pressure stockings I noticed a blister on my inner RH heel.
    I have no recollection of running hot water on it and besides, if I had there should be more evidence of burn(??)

I am having trouble putting these images in sequence.

Here is an image from today. It appears larger and longer.

And yesterday.

Are there any suggestions on the cause and recommendations for treatment?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by slow_runner; 01-21-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Not sure what would have caused that SR. I cut the rear of my shoe off when I had one to give it air and no pressure. Did you buy new shoes?

I like Patrick's idea. I think there is something wrong with that shoe or it's fit anyway.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Hi Pat and Nonoise.
    I haven't seen new shoes in a while, preferring older, comfortable friends. I have a pair of rough n ready, past their use by date shoes for in the garden or shed that I slip on.
    I will give them the once over to see what may have caused this. It is a bit worrying.
    Previously I had some skin shedding in that region and just removed it, cleaned it up. Maybe a precursor to more serious matters?

Could be SR. May be a good idea to go see a doc. If it gets down to the bone, you could be in trouble.

I checked out the shoes and there is nothing apparent that would cause this. Although, we have had very hot weather. That coupled with pressure stockings in shoes may have set up some sweat induced reaction?
    I will give it until after the weekend unless I see further deterioration.

Anyway, here is some slightly relevant entertainment; a cover of a good song by John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers made better by our own 'Underdogs'.
    Old but still good. Good dancing music for chair dwellers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoxAc7gXtT0

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    I checked out the shoes and there is nothing apparent that would cause this. Although, we have had very hot weather. That coupled with pressure stockings in shoes may have set up some sweat induced reaction?
    I will give it until after the weekend unless I see further deterioration....
    I suspect your shoes because of my experience. I had a pair of old favorite pair of shoes that turned on me after a few years in the chair and had to get a size larger. The old shoes were causing a callous/corn on my little toe which pressed inward and hurt like heck as I have full sensation.

Great tune.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

You could be correct Nonoise. If it was hot water there would be a 'trail'. This is local.
    Never having had this problem before it is disconcerting not to know definitively.
    I have spoken with the spinal unit nurse and sent images.
    The 'Underdogs' were big news along with other local groups and singers when I was a teenager. There were loads of clubs to visit and seemingly every town or school hall had live music on the weekend.
    It was great time to be young.

Then the pub scene developed and under age teens had less venues to access live music legally.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 01-22-2020 at 06:24 PM.

I had one like that a year or so ago. I just thoughtbit was front my foot moving a lot at night. I found the band aid brand blister bandaids worked very quickly. I also put a pillow under my legs so my heal did rest on the bed. Mine was gone in a few days. It was the first one in 5 years

Hello Lavender. I have an idea when this could have occurred.
    At the moment I am making use of a pillow boot while sleeping to prevent any pressure risk.
    A few days you say? I hope so