Thread: Baclofen and Seizures

Baclofen and Seizures

I had my pump placed April 2019 due to Cerebral Palsy. It has been a life changer.
    From a young age until about the age of 10, I had epilepsy. I outgrew it and therefore stopped meds.
    Yesterday, we were out and about and I got super tired; my boyfriend said I was slurring my words. I remember getting in the car to go home but there is a small period of time between getting in the car and getting home that I don?t remember. I do remember being really nauseous.
    Then, getting out of the car, my transfer went bad and I fell.
    I am scheduled to see Neurology ASAP but I am just wondering if since Baclofen is known to lower the seizure threshold, they will take it away.

I was on oral Baclofen from June 2017- June 2019 without issue.

Thoughts?

I have bever had a patient on Ppo Baclofen or ITB have a seizure. But since you already have a history of seizures, you re right to see the Neurologist to see what you need to do to prevent seizures.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.