Thread: Question about a sore

Question about a sore

I had a very small wound on my trochanter and healed up within a week, about a week later it was very puffy and felt like fluid was under and then a small hole opened up and it seemed like it was a pocket of blood it has been filling up every day with a little pressure we can get a fair amount of blood out. this has been happening for about a week any ideas?
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

You need to seek medical care it could be an abscess, a swollen area within body tissue, containing an accumulation of pus.

Any pressure over a bony prominence where there is poor sensation can result in this abscess, a wound. I hope there is no damage to the bone.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.