Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: weeping yellow fluid

weeping yellow fluid

im normally pretty hardy but this 1 has me stumped

i come home from a week away about 6 weeks ago (it was hot)
    & noticed i had a yellow type thin fluid under my butt area (on blueys)
    i assumed it was coming from up there & it would go away or stop

but it seems its not from there but from my groin or skin, as i had\have a really bad case of what looks like heat rash, its a lot better now but i still have this yellow fluid every morning.

i sit in a chair all day & not a mark or spot of it until the next morning.
    my carers seem blind as they cant find any broken skin,

trying to isolate different areas to work out why

has anyone else had this happen to them.
    survivor of beijing oeg transplant

better check for open sores..

I agree, look for open/weeping skin openings.
    pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

It sounds familiar, it can be fungal infection. If there is no broken skin, you should see a dermatologist.

i just posted about something very similar. My girlfriend was able to find a tiny hole from where the yellow seepage was coming from. And the hole is located in between my scrotom and left ischial. And in my case you cannot see the lumps but you can feel them and they are in the same area of where this yellow seepage occurs. We put Hibicleanse on the hole and eventually it closed up/stopped seeping but no one seems to know what the root cause is thus far.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-perineal-area
    Last edited by crispy1981; 01-21-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Do you have any type of pressure ulcer? Go to PCP or dermatologist.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Do you have any type of pressure ulcer? Go to PCP or dermatologist.
    CWO
    Do i have any type of pressure ulcer? Or is that for the person that started the thread? If it's for me i don't have a typical pressure ulcer. I just came back from a wound care visit and also saw a derm about my lumps and none of them know what it is nor are they too concerned. But it won't heal so i'm thinking it shouldn't be ignored. When i say it won't heal i mean the lumps don't go away and on occasion i get some seepage, yellow liquid in the beginning and now it's blood. Its seepage like you would get from a large pimple.

I am making an appointment with my urologist. My theory is the testicles might be infected and seeping into that area?

Call the dermatologist office back and tell them you want them treated if there is a treatment- that you just saw them.. You could try the triple antibiotic ointment but the dermatologist is the expert
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by crispy1981 View Post
    My girlfriend was able to find a tiny hole from where the yellow seepage was coming from. And the hole is located in between my scrotom and left ischial.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-perineal-area
    A friend had a similar drainage from a tiny hole near his scrotum. It took months before he finally got it diagnosed via an MRI I believe. His turned out to be a fistula and now he's waiting for surgery.

I have also seen these fistulas or tracts develop in the perineum (the name for the area between the scrotum and anus in men). They can easily tract into the urethra, so if they are discovered, it is recommended that a fistulogram or MRI be done to determine how far they extend.

For the yellow discharge in the first post on this thread, do you have a colostomy? If so, this may be mucous discharge from your anus.

(KLD)