Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manufactured Homes - Can you remodel them?

You don't like the gas fireplace? I think they are really the way to go, rather than wood. A friend has one in Her house and I was surprised how well they work. Wood is a PIA to deal with, especially if you're in a wheelchair.

I am going to a wood pellet stove lots easier

Wood pellet is a good option but lugging bags of pellets around can be a hassle. And the pricing on them has increased significantly, at least around here they have.

well my caregiver wood put in hopper and as we are not bitterly cold like u guys it should last me 3 to 4 day a 40lb bag is 5.99 and I really would not go thru that many

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    You don't like the gas fireplace? I think they are really the way to go, rather than wood. A friend has one in Her house and I was surprised how well they work. Wood is a PIA to deal with, especially if you're in a wheelchair.
    I can agree that wood is rough, but I like the work. Most times I can use my power chair to wheel the wood in and stack it on a rack. Cutting up logs is a challenge that is doable as long as they're aren't too big in diameter. If I had to use just my wheelchair, yeah buddy, that would be a dealbreaker. I imagine as I get a lot older, gas would be the go to heat choice. Just not enamored with it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    well my caregiver wood put in hopper and as we are not bitterly cold like u guys it should last me 3 to 4 day a 40lb bag is 5.99 and I really would not go thru that many
    V- I don't care much for the pellet stove. One reason I like the wood stove is because its not electricity - dependent. Power in the country goes out quite a bit in winter. I'll eventually get a whole house generator, but that's not in the budget right now. Where you are though, yeah, I can see how a pellet stove makes sense.