Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Novel Therapy for Chronic Spinal Cord Injury Gets Fast Track Status

Novel Therapy for Chronic Spinal Cord Injury Gets Fast Track Status

Novel Therapy for Chronic Spinal Cord Injury Gets Fast Track Status

Diana Ernst, RPh

Fast Track designation allows for more frequent meetings with the FDA, as well as eligibility for accelerated approval and priority review.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to AXER-204 (ReNetX Bio) for the potential treatment of chronic spinal cord injury.

AXER-204 is a human fusion protein that acts as a decoy for the myelin-associated inhibitors of axonal growth known as Nogo-A, MAG, and OMgp. The decoy receptor, known as Nogo Trap, is believed to bind to these inhibitors, thereby allowing the body to grow nerve fibers.

A phase 1/2 trial (RESET) is currently being conducted in 66 patients with traumatic spinal cord injury (≥1 year) to assess the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and efficacy of the treatment. During the double-blind phase, patients will be randomized to receive either AXER-204 administered by lumbar puncture and slow bolus infusion or placebo. Results of the study are expected sometime in 2021.

?This Fast Track designation from the FDA recognizes the high unmet medical need in patients with SCI,? said Erika R. Smith, MBA, CEO of ReNetX Bio. ?Fast track designation will help facilitate ReNetX Bio?s development of AXER-204, and potentially expedite future regulatory review of AXER-204 for patients with SCI.?

According to recent guidelines, current treatment options for chronic spinal cord injury include neurotization or nerve bridging, neurostimulation/neuromodulation and neuroprosthesis, cell therapy, and neurorehabilitation. While some pharmaceutical therapies have shown benefit (ie, acidic fibroblast growth factor, granulocyte colony-stimulating factor), more studies are needed to confirm these results.

For more information visit renetx.com.

https://www.empr.com/home/news/drugs...7b1PZuYzX_qDhw

C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

lol smh
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Are there any encouraging results from the current phase I study?
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post

I don't think it has been published yet
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Results of the study are expected sometime in 2021.

I meant leaks from participants, of course!
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Blog Entries
    I meant leaks from participants, of course!
    I heard it should be ready to cure us all in about 5 years.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

The stock price has nearly doubled over the past few months. That doesn't mean anything for certain but it is interesting that the market is flashing positive sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    The stock price has nearly doubled over the past few months. That doesn't mean anything for certain but it is interesting that the market is flashing positive sentiment.
    Renetx isn’t publicly traded.

nervgen is

First thought was - I would be injected with placebo ....
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine