Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Novel Therapy for Chronic Spinal Cord Injury Gets Fast Track Status

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Are there any encouraging results from the current phase I study?
    I was told:

    There were 9 out of 24 people who have had it done (mid December).
    Outcome assessments (from first 6 participants) have very positive standard deviations which sets up for higher potential of change detection in Multiple Dose study.
    Follow-up Multiple Dose study is on target to begin in 2020 Q3/4
    So not information that gets me excited at this point, and no details on the specific improvements, but they obviously believe it's on the right track.

  2. #12
    Hi all, fast track statuts is looking great !!
    Anyway I will soon be 45 years post, things are going worse and it's beginning to be hard to survive. I don't wanna die without trying something, I wish I could buy some AXER-204 and go for the lumbar puncture or bolus infusion on my own, do you guys think it's possible ??

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by George78 View Post
    Hi all, fast track statuts is looking great !!
    Anyway I will soon be 45 years post, things are going worse and it's beginning to be hard to survive. I don't wanna die without trying something, I wish I could buy some AXER-204 and go for the lumbar puncture or bolus infusion on my own, do you guys think it's possible ??
    You can find out what is used in many compounds by investigating the patents on these things. Then find somewhere to compound them for you. Delivery will be hard to do right without a willing doctor/surgeon.

    I'm aware of many people who are going this route, but for me the safety is a worry.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    You can find out what is used in many compounds by investigating the patents on these things. Then find somewhere to compound them for you. Delivery will be hard to do right without a willing doctor/surgeon.

    I'm aware of many people who are going this route, but for me the safety is a worry.
    Hi and thanks for the reply, I've been googeling for the patent but I found nothing, do you have any idea how to go for compounding such fusion protein ?...
    Concerning safety, we're on lumbar puncture or bolus infusion, I guess it's no big deal if it is compound by a serious lab..
    What do you think ?..

  5. #15
    We do not allow discussions of illegally accessing experimental therapies.

  6. #16
    I know Jim I know, allowing such discussions will make Carecure loosing it's credibility..
    Anyway, my idea is that when you come to 40 years post or more, you are not likely to participate in clinical trials because there is a risk of being involved in the placebo group and you don't want that because finally this is probably your last chance to try to get better, so you want the real stuff and not the placebo.
    When you go to 60 years old or more, probably there's no chance a therapy will one day be available for you because you're too old, so what do we do ?.. Clinical trials have to be the way there are but I think that biotechnology companies should allow organization of other types of clinical trials taking pity on the old ones and let them try what they want to try instead of let them dying with no hope, this is going out through the back door.
    I wish FDA and biotechnology companies could understand that..

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We do not allow discussions of illegally accessing experimental therapies.
    I'm not going to start giving out the details on a public forum because that might seem like I'm pushing it - and although there are many doing it, its down to each individual to make up their own mind.

    In terms of it being illegal, it's not illegal to make any compound that is not on your countries Controlled Substance list. Also its not illegal to experiment on yourself.
    Checkout Unnatural Selection on Netflix - very interesting documentary on people experimenting on themselves.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by George78 View Post
    I know Jim I know, allowing such discussions will make Carecure loosing it's credibility..
    Anyway, my idea is that when you come to 40 years post or more, you are not likely to participate in clinical trials because there is a risk of being involved in the placebo group and you don't want that because finally this is probably your last chance to try to get better, so you want the real stuff and not the placebo.
    When you go to 60 years old or more, probably there's no chance a therapy will one day be available for you because you're too old, so what do we do ?.. Clinical trials have to be the way there are but I think that biotechnology companies should allow organization of other types of clinical trials taking pity on the old ones and let them try what they want to try instead of let them dying with no hope, this is going out through the back door.
    I wish FDA and biotechnology companies could understand that..
    George, I hear what you are saying.
    The FDA has told us that our therapy will be available for Expanded Compassionate Use (ECU). As soon as the patients in our trial are operated on, you will be able to apply to the FDA for ECU. Unfortunately, you will have to pay the cost of the therapy, a price negotiated between the FDA and Stemcyte. (About $200k.) After the trial is complete, Wise plans to do a trial for those 64-80 years old.

    Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    I'm not going to start giving out the details on a public forum because that might seem like I'm pushing it - and although there are many doing it, its down to each individual to make up their own mind.

    In terms of it being illegal, it's not illegal to make any compound that is not on your countries Controlled Substance list. Also its not illegal to experiment on yourself.
    Checkout Unnatural Selection on Netflix - very interesting documentary on people experimenting on themselves.
    In the US it is illegal to take a drug that isn't prescribed by a dr. I'll check out the documentary, thanks.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    In the US it is illegal to take a drug that isn't prescribed by a dr.
    That's not really what I said, if it was on the Controlled Substance List or equivalent then yes you are right.
    Controlled Substance Lists often also include drugs they don't know about, but have the same effect as something.
    Paracetamol for example isn't and doesn't need to be prescribed by a doctor.

    The world is full of gray areas, and I bet making your own Axer-204 falls into that.

    Anyways its a moot point, unless you have the ability to make it yourself.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    lol smh

    yea that ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •