Thread: Urosheild cath attachment

Urosheild cath attachment

Just wondering if anyone has tried this UroSheild device? It attached to a in dwelling cath for the 30days (or longer) the cath is in for. It makes these small vibrations that make a frequency that make the bacteria not stick to the catheter inside the person. I don?t know if it would work with us with colonized bladders but it can?t hurt. What are your thoughts?

thanks, here?s the link to their site.

https://www.ideal-uroshield.com/
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

I have not heard about this before. The one USA clinical research study posted on their website indicates that it did make a significant difference in both colony count (number of bacteria) and symptomatic UTIs in those in the experimental group. Keep in mind that this group was an inpatient group of patients in nursing homes, and no indication of any having an SCI or other cause of a neurogenic bladder. That appears to remain to be studied specifically.

Note that the company is in the UK, and it does not appear that it has been approved by the USA FDA nor in Canada as a medical device, nor is it commercially available in the USA. Perhaps some of our members in the UK have heard about it.

You might want to print out the article and share it with your urologist to discuss:

https://www.ideal-uroshield.com/unca...gical-urology/

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-07-2020 at 02:11 AM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thanks KLD.
    I am in Canada, my urologist heard about this device from one of his other patients. I begged to get more info on that device. They have salesman and a head office in Ontario. The salesman is new with the company and was excited about the research he saw. The person who invented this also invented other successful medical devices I guess. I just bought one and just started a week ago but was wondering if anyone else was trying it or what you guys thought.
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

I spoke to a colleague who is a nationally known SCI urologist, and he is also very interested in trying this device if and when it becomes available in the USA, especially for those who get significant biofilm that can actually clog their catheter. The intervention appears to have few if any side effects as well.

My main concern would be keeping the device from resting or pressing against your genital areas, or sitting or laying on the device in your bed or wheelchair, as this could cause pressure injuries. Be very careful with positioning the device to assure that this does not occur.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.