Thread: Urine bag tubing problem

Urine bag tubing problem

what can I do to kep legs I guess it them pulling urine bag tube out of cathe at night. its jam all the way in heck I can not pull it out with my hand every so often like last night and the day before I will pull it out in the night

wed am I caught it before I got soaked and jam it back in. this am woke at 5am soaked had come out

any ideas it just started this past year would some how at nite pull them I slep on my right side I have changed nothing
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-02-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Tape the drain tubing just below the intersection with the catheter.
    They say not to, but I've left my 32oz latex old school leg bag on my calf connected 24/7 except when I bathe during which it is being deloused (soaking in bleach solution)
    Never have a problem and just get up and dress to start may day.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I will try

your funny

Hey, you know what Yoda says- Do or Do Not; there is no try!
    NW NJ

We use BARD product called STAT lock. Contact BARD and see if they will send you a few samples. Cwo
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    We use BARD product called STAT lock. Contact BARD and see if they will send you a few samples. Cwo
    i have usd them in the past like them except when iflip over to prone they come undone the shut back and they invariably are not close wher I want them and I can not open them, plus after a few times of using my leg blisters but I do like them

I taped it last night 2 place and put on shorts and hung bag different. being dry all night is a wonderful feeling

I've used the Deroyal tube holder before. It doesn't last as long as the Bard, but it's cheap and uses Velcro that won't come undone when you roll on it. The Bard pops open all the time if you have a larger sized Foley. I got the Deroyal ones on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DeRoyal-Tub...gAAOSw07ddsHqL
    C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Here?s how I do it. I just use 3 inch cloth 3M tape. This little rig holds up almost a month sometimes before I need to do it again. Of course this is just holding the catheter you?ll need a second one to hold the leg bag tube If you insist on doing it that way, and have to change it every evening....but I hunch that for that limited time just well taped w/3" would hold it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NW NJ

I tape mine in the y last night I taped another on bag tubing right above the knee. put shorts on and had the bag on the side of bed rather at the end where my feet could get ahold of it. wish my legs and fet had been that strong before sci