Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SureHands body support or sling?

SureHands body support or sling?

Which is better, the SureHands Body Support or Sling? The body support cost around $2000 extra and I'm not sure if it's worth the money. Plus I would like to be more independent and when I use the sling I need somebody there to help me.

The body support one you should be able to use it without any help. Also you do not have any pressure on you butt. Am suppose to get one with the one that hold you under the arm pits and your side. https://www.surehands.com/products/ceiling-motor/
    Art

i use an arjo u-sling independently. super easy. this https://www.arjo.com/int/products/sa...let-sling-low/
    watch the sure hands as you need more height ceiling wise or super low bed.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

A good friend of mine works for SureHands. She's a doll and will be able to answer all of your questions.
    Carol Gil Lavelle
    (800) 725-4387

Thanks Steverino, I will call her Thursday. Is she in California or New York? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Which is better, the SureHands Body Support or Sling? The body support cost around $2000 extra and I'm not sure if it's worth the money. Plus I would like to be more independent and when I use the sling I need somebody there to help me.
    I used to use the Body Support for about 20 years. It worked for me but it did put a lot of pressure on my shoulders. I use a sling now and not as much pain.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Thanks Steverino, I will call her Thursday. Is she in California or New York? Thank you!
    She's east coast. New Hampshire, now, I think. She used to live in upstate NY and travel down into the city frequently for SureHands work. Carol is one of the finest human beings on the planet.

In my opinion if you're a quad, there is very little chance you will be using a lift alone, even with the body support, which supposedly allows independence of use. You will still need to set yourself up in the lift and then somehow managed to depress the buttons on the remote while you are in the lift and moving. Not the easiest thing.

I started with the body support brace and then got the sling after about a year. Luckily, I was able to sell the brace to someone else.

That being said, if independence in use is not an issue then I would get the body sling as it does not take any more effort and more importantly, is not as hard on the shoulder joints. I had extremely painful problems with the body support brace in my posterior shoulder, even after padding the body contacting services with thick blue 1 inch T foam.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    That being said, if independence in use is not an issue then I would get the body sling as it does not take any more effort and more importantly, is not as hard on the shoulder joints. I had extremely painful problems with the body support brace in my posterior shoulder, even after padding the body contacting services with thick blue 1 inch T foam.
    Agree 100%

My husband who is hemiplegic uses the SureHands. It's great, and can be used independently by many. It can really crush against your ribs, so it might hurt for anyone who has had broken ribs or other upper body injuries.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).