Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SureHands body support or sling?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    She's east coast. New Hampshire, now, I think. She used to live in upstate NY and travel down into the city frequently for SureHands work. Carol is one of the finest human beings on the planet.
    Thanks Stephen, I called her and she is in New Hampshire. Apparently they give people territories that sell Sure Hands equipment kind of like a franchise I guess. So she could not sell me anything and I have to deal with the guy who covers this area. It doesn't seem right to me . It lessons competition and is bad for the consumer.

I am just looking for the body support and hooks and the guy here wants to charge me about $2000 for the used/demo body support.It seems overpriced to me.

dont buy anything until u are sure you have the height, i tried one and my ass claered my bed not my legs, kinda defeats the purpose
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Thanks Stephen, I called her and she is in New Hampshire. Apparently they give people territories that sell Sure Hands equipment kind of like a franchise I guess. So she could not sell me anything and I have to deal with the guy who covers this area. It doesn't seem right to me . It lessons competition and is bad for the consumer.

I am just looking for the body support and hooks and the guy here wants to charge me about $2000 for the used/demo body support.It seems overpriced to me.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

using the sling also allows you to relax in it for a few minutes before being transferred in case BP tanks

the body support is too painful to hang in

Fu and Crags, excellent suggestions I had not really thought about. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    dont buy anything until u are sure you have the height, i tried one and my ass claered my bed not my legs, kinda defeats the purpose
    Definitely need high enough ceilings. Moved into an apartment and had everything ready to go. Unfortunately I was unable to get out of my wheelchair and into bed using the body support because the ceiling was not high enough. I switched to a sling and it works perfect.

For the average person to hang in either the sling or the body support and raise up vertically to the max so the feet clear the bed just isn't going to happen. Especially in a standard 7 foot ceiling. That is why I think very few people use the Surehands system completely independently.

In my experience, and I am 5'10", using either the sling or body support required someone else to lift up my lower legs by the ankle to clear the bed.

im 6'2 and use my arjo independently and clear my bed with my feet. but i use this sling, super easy too. https://www.arjo.com/int/products/sa...let-sling-low/
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I really think this surehands is amazing. I am really interested in purchasing one. I really would like to hear from someone that uses the ceiling hand one without assistants.
    I am a c7 with function in one hand so I think I might be able to operate by myself.
    My concerns are. How dependable and safe is it. I don't want to be breaking down on me often. And the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I really think this surehands is amazing. I am really interested in purchasing one. I really would like to hear from someone that uses the ceiling hand one without assistants.
    I am a c7 with function in one hand so I think I might be able to operate by myself.
    My concerns are. How dependable and safe is it. I don't want to be breaking down on me often. And the cost.
    Very safe and dependable. I have two of them one is about 15 years old and the other is 4 years old. I had to change the batteries a few times on the 15 year old one.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Very safe and dependable. I have two of them one is about 15 years old and the other is 4 years old. I had to change the batteries a few times on the 15 year old one.
    Thank you for your reply, do you know about cost? And requirement for height of ceiling.