Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When is it ER time for UTI?

Ya, that’s why I chimed in for the nurses. It’s already resistant and far beyond my knowledge. But I do know I would prefer a longer script, so hopefully they can let me know if that’s a good idea

I was replying to Patrick's comment. Taking keflex prophylactically seems overkill. Sorry about the mix up. I have edited my post to reflect that I was replying to Patrick.

In your case it's different. Your doctor selected keflex probably because the bug is most sensitive to it. If it was as sensitive to nitrofurantoin then he'd probably have selected it.

I have always had a urologist and he just retired this past month. The greatest doctor ever. And I mean it. Now my question is. Can I use my primary doctor, and is that prudent?

Is there a secret code-word to get a nurse response? This is getting a little silly...

All doctors offices were open or had on am MD covering on 1/2/20 and You need the results of your urine culture to be accurately treated with the right antibiotics that the organism(s) are sensitive to. The emergency room doesn’t have that.Do you have a fever or other symptoms-? Are they worsening? there is no mention of symptoms worsening since your beginning posts. You could also go to an urgent care if you don’t think hospitalization is required. Cwo
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

And he answered1/1 that his md prescribed antibiotic! Which is what had to be done! Cwo
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

For new thread question- your Pcp should be able to order a urinalysis and culture and order appropriate antibiotics. Urologists are surgeons... most don’t want to handle uti’s only. Unless recurrent or complex. CWO

most people with SCI are recurrent or complex CWO so yes a urologist is who should be called!
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009