Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: toe

toe

somehow I got a small sore between my little toe and other looked like a blister popped its a layer skin the in middle of it a hole I have quit wearing a sock and put on a soft shoe along with Neosporin on it morning and night anything else I should do its my first ever other than a scrape on top of rear 10 years ago.

tks in advance

Impossible to make any recommendations with this information. If it does not heal up with keeping it covered, clean, and treated with Neosporin, you need to see a podiatrist or your primary care doctor.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Impossible to make any recommendations with this information. If it does not heal up with keeping it covered, clean, and treated with Neosporin, you need to see a podiatrist or your primary care doctor.

(KLD)
    will do but seems I am doing the right thing thank you I will have her take a picture in am

well I got 2 picture but they say to large yo upfile
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by vjls; 12-24-2019 at 09:38 AM. Reason: oictures

I have added picture

My experience with such web-space wounds is that they're fungal first. I've had good success with clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate cream, which has anti-fungal and steroid in it.
    I would wash and dry well daily, then apply a light coating to all the web-spaces of that foot as well as the toes.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

thank you I have no idea how I got it unless a sock did it I will try tks merry christmas

I would also recommend that after you clean and bandage your wound that you put a small piece of lamb's wool (you can purchase on Amazon) between those toes as it appears you may be getting pressure upon that wound from the next toe.

https://www.amazon.com/Preffered-Plu...7203443&sr=8-7

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

thank you I will get some you still recommend neosprine

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I would also recommend that after you clean and bandage your wound that you put a small piece of lamb's wool (you can purchase on Amazon) between those toes as it appears you may be getting pressure upon that wound from the next toe.

https://www.amazon.com/Preffered-Plu...7203443&sr=8-7

(KLD)
    thank you my sis bought some in town and came over to dr on it she said it looked like athetes feet I have never had it so I don/t know but she gonna bring some stuff over thank you again its still scarey

If it's athlete's foot (a fungus) betamethasone dipropionate cream is a potent treatment.
    I've had wounds that look identical to yours and have found it very
    effective, but I think it's prescription only.
    Neosprine? Neosporin is anti-bacterial but as far as I know, is not effective for fungal infections.
    When I get a web-wound like yours, I also spray the front half of my foot with an athlete's foot spray after treating the web-space with
    betamethasone dipropionate cream.
    Good luck!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ