Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: toe

Blog Entries
    I had a similar sore 4 years ago, and gentian violet helped to dry it up and heal.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

it looks reallygood we take another picture tomorrow that lambswool and neoprisene is working also my bible study group they laid hands om it and prayed for good healing and it is power of prayer and sci nurses

they say all it takes to move a mountain is faith,................and a shovel
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I would also guess that it looks like a fungal infection. I sometimes get it when I buy new shoes or try shoes on in a shop.
    Treatment for athlete's foot normally sorts it out quickly.
    T4 complete since 30 April 2012

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    it looks reallygood we take another picture tomorrow that lambswool and neoprisene is working also my bible study group they laid hands om it and prayed for good healing and it is power of prayer and sci nurses
    You are blessed to be such a wonderful Bible study group. Amen on the power of prayer!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

here is today picture its looking really good I think thank goodness prayer lambswool and neoprtin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good job.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

toe

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    will do but seems I am doing the right thing thank you I will have her take a picture in am

well I got 2 picture but they say to large yo upfile

I think it looks better
    Attached Images Attached Images  

One needs to be very careful with seemingly innocuous little problems like this on the feet, especially between the toes. I had cellulitis three times in one year requiring hospitalization and IV antibiotic. That was several years ago and it hasn't come back since, though after the last hospitalization I was on penicillin for one year just to make sure.

Any break in the skin in an area that is inherently moist, dark and prone to bacterial/fungal proliferation can be a direct route into the tissues for a cellulitis infection. Given that our feet have poor circulation healing up any issue on the feet is difficult at best.

My caregiver uses a hair dryer on warm and keeps it a good distance away from the toes, but blows the warm air between the toe spaces to dry out any moisture and follows it up with paper towel.

On alternating days I use a product called fungisoap, which is a Tea tree oil supposedly natural antifungal and hibiclens on my feet and toe spaces in the shower to make sure that my feet/toe spaces are as bacterial free as possible.