Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Wheelchair scooter attachment name?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    middle georgia
    Posts
    2,582

    Wheelchair scooter attachment name?

    what is the name of the scooter you pop a wheel on and it latches
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-11-2020 at 10:11 PM. Reason: clarify topic

  2. #2
    Senior Member Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,945
    Blog Entries
    1
    The front wheel attachment for a rigid wheelchair? There are a handful of them, if so. Dragonfly comes to mind. Search for 'attachable handcycle' on google if this is what you're looking for.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

    "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    what is the name of the scooter you pop a wheel on and it latches
    Pop and Drop? https://livingspinal.com/handcycle/pop-n-drop/
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

  4. #4
    free wheel isn't it?

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    middle georgia
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    that's it thank you a para here want to try it I tried telling her about john bike but she doesn/t have $$$ as micheal totaled her home and its 80k just for new pilings plus house

    thank you

  7. #7
    Senior Member pfcs49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NW NJ ***********T12 cmplt since 95
    Posts
    1,916
    Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    $325? 20miles? 20mph? Lipo4 batteries? This all sounds unreal after pricing Lipo4 batteries form my ZX1 @> three times the cost of this scooter!
    Can anyone here vouch for this? I'd be real interested in something light enough for me to put in the car (vs 75lb ZX1) and delivers higher performance.
    It's a no-brainer, but is this stuff true or not?
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

  8. #8
    $325 is just for the mounting bracket. Their recommended scooter is another $999. Of course, other scooters are much less expensive.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    middle georgia
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    $325 is just for the mounting bracket. Their recommended scooter is another $999. Of course, other scooters are much less expensive.
    I told judy and sent her the links

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    middle georgia
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    $325? 20miles? 20mph? Lipo4 batteries? This all sounds unreal after pricing Lipo4 batteries form my ZX1 @> three times the cost of this scooter!
    Can anyone here vouch for this? I'd be real interested in something light enough for me to put in the car (vs 75lb ZX1) and delivers higher performance.
    It's a no-brainer, but is this stuff true or not?
    there is a video on u tube of a quad I think he invented it and using he can pop a wheelie I can not. I think it true
    https://livingspinal.com/handcycle/p.../#write_review

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •