Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1080 vs 4k

Quote Originally Posted by RollinPositive View Post
    With streaming why not stream content vs buy and storing?
    Not all my movies are available online to stream and sometimes the internet is not super reliable. I hate trying to watch a movie and dealing with buffering.

I can't buy a TV just yet anyway because my local ambulance transport wants me to pay upfront and then reimburse me if insurance pays later. I have an appointment on the 25th that might prevent me from shopping. But that's a conversation for a different thread.

What is the majority of your content? If it's 1080p (most likely). A 4K TV can actually decrease picture quality. Because 4K TV has so much more resolution than 1080p content can provide, the TV has to upscale. In other words, the TV has to create content to "fill in the blanks". Not all TVs do this well. Sony does this well.

That's why a less expensive 1080p TV can look better than a more expensive 4K TV when it's streaming lower resolution video. Because the 4K TV may not be upscaling well - a problem with low end 4K TVs.

If you want a 4K TV, then Sony won't let you down. Because of their superior upscaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    Not all my movies are available online to stream and sometimes the internet is not super reliable. I hate trying to watch a movie and dealing with buffering.

I can't buy a TV just yet anyway because my local ambulance transport wants me to pay upfront and then reimburse me if insurance pays later. I have an appointment on the 25th that might prevent me from shopping. But that's a conversation for a different thread.

Just an FYI I retired 20 years in the cable industry so might be able to help...what speed internet do you have?

Buffering many times comes from using an old modem and not keeping it updated.

How old a modem do you have?