Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1080 vs 4k

Quote Originally Posted by RollinPositive View Post
    PN Its not about no longer posting as we all bring value...

But being in the cable industry for 20 years and now retired I would not tell someone to get an older TV in this case 1080 when prices have since dropped big time and now someone can get a 4k for less price and get much better value.

Agree that there is not a lot of content in 4k but over all the picture is going to be brighter and more clear simply due to more screen pixels.

The thing I don't like about 4K is that my folks are currently using an analog cable box and the picture does not look very good. You can only blow an image up so far before it looks cheap. Kinda like watching a VHS movie on a 1080 TV.

Quote Originally Posted by RollinPositive View Post
    Its not about no longer posting as we all bring value...
    Agreed!

Complex problems need to be solved collectively!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

How about refresh rate? Is 120 better than 60 when there are fast moving things on screen? Seems like it would be.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Refresh rates complicate things even more. Some gamers like using a monitor with 144hz refresh. Refresh rate vs higher resolution and then throw in gpu power. Of course a monitor still needs a tuner for cable.

For my old eyes and basic cable connection it's doubtful I can tell the difference of many of the features offered in todays tvs. One thing I look for is an IPS panel (vs TN or VA).
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete