Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permobil Active Reach aka Anterior Tilt - Like it or Hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    Gearhead,
    A 1 inch height variation is going to make a huge difference to me when transferring, especially if I forget to hit the down elevate button again.

Regarding a couple of other seat elevator quirks:

1) I have on loan from Numotion an F3 (older model) with all seat functions, except anterior tilt. It does this cool thing where it comes all the way down from seat elevation and at the very bottom does a nice 1/4" seat dump. No pushing the button a second time, just does it automatically. I love this! Is that how all of the new F3s are, or is it special programming?

2) On the same F3 loaner, it does this annoying thing where it reclines backwards slightly when elevating up. Then my arm rest and joystick are too high to be comfortable, causing me to have to hit the recline forward button all the way again before proceeding to drive while elevated. Again, is this standard, or some kind of special programming? A giant pain in the butt!
    As the seat goes up it moves back to change your center of gravity, but seat should not change?

Have the tech reprogram it!

Quote Originally Posted by RollinPositive View Post
    As the seat goes up it moves back to change your center of gravity, but seat should not change?

Does your new chair do the 1/4" seat dump?

Quote Originally Posted by RollinPositive View Post

Yea, that's what is needed to make it suit your needs. Ask them to program the loaner. They can copy those profiles to the new chair. Be ready for resistance getting them to program any chair.
    Your loaner can be a test as to whether they'll work with you. If they resist reprogramming, look at a Quantum 4Front, forget NuMotion/Permobil.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Yea, that's what is needed to make it suit your needs. Ask them to program the loaner. They can copy those profiles to the new chair. Be ready for resistance getting them to program any chair.
    Your loaner can be a test as to whether they'll work with you. If they resist reprogramming, look at a Quantum 4Front, forget NuMotion/Permobil.
    Which do you prefer Quantum or Permobil?

I've not tested a Quantum yet, only studied them. The 4Front is the one I was considering before I got the F3.
    My main chair (before getting F3) was really worn everywhere so I didn't have a lot of time to test a 4Front.
    Took 3+ months to get F3. If I had tested a 4Front, I was afraid it would have taken more time to get a new chair. I had to make a quick decision.

After getting F3, I used my old chair as a donor to make a nice C300 back up chair.
    I now have 2 clean indoor chairs (although I go outside with them sometimes).
    Each have different feel to my butt and back so I rotate between them after a few days.
    If I live long enough to get another new chair, I will test the 4Front. 5 more years from now, who knows what will be on market.

Side note: I got an email from Permobil a few weeks ago, saying they can/will reprogram any chair, no matter the brand.
    That is not what I've experienced with the 2 new chairs I've got from them. May be a regional issue. I had fun learning how to program them myself.

I would like to hear what others have to say about Quantum, especially the 4Front.
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

@Gearhead I'm going to test drive a quantum next week,i currently have an invacare tdx its 9 years old its definitely time to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    @Gearhead I'm going to test drive a quantum next week,i currently have an invacare tdx its 9 years old its definitely time to upgrade.
    The 4Front sure looks nice in pics
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)