Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windows 7 ending

As previously stated, Windows 10 already comes with one called Defender. Therefore you won't really need anything else. However, the best defense is good behavior. No antivirus is 100% effective..at best they are 50% accurate. Also, they don't guard against so-called Zero-Day attacks. So avoid clicking on links or opening attachments, and keep the OS updated!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

havent gotten anew one yet but have had good luck with webroot
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I'll take a look at webroot thxs.

Looking at Defender I can't find the log file listed. With all the warnings about how evil the internet is you would think there would be a nice rolling display of constant attacks lol. Something else to study up on. I agree sensible behavior goes a long way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky View Post
    So downloaded 10 yesterday following the link. Afterwards I got notification that it removed Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller driver as it wasnt compatible with windows 10. Is that ok is it something important?
    Check for a update to it from who made your puter. If no the motherboard just might be outdated. Run windows update they may have a fix for it also.
    Art

Well it seems to be running fine.

One other thing, I thought I could watch DVDs using Windows Media but no. What can I download safely to be able to watch them on my computer?
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

You can use VideoLan... plays just about any kind of media file, cd or dvd.
    https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

thanks!
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

No problem....

I was a long user of mircrosoft windows 7 user but when I used windows 10 for first time, I don't wanna back windows 7. I think you should use windows 10 just for once thanks.