Thread: Does anyone use the My Numotion app for repairs?

Does anyone use the My Numotion app for repairs?

It supposedly lets you follow your repair and product orders through the process online. Thought it might be a way to alleviate the frustration of banging my head against the wall when I can't get anyone from Numo to call me back. Anybody having any luck with it?

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    It supposedly lets you follow your repair and product orders through the process online. Thought it might be a way to alleviate the frustration of banging my head against the wall when I can't get anyone from Numo to call me back. Anybody having any luck with it?
    Anytime I work with NuMotion I do it by email so you have a digital print of what is said and can manage time lines better.

I always get my price and a time line and when we get close to the time line I sent emails for updates.

If I dont get a response I go up one level to a manager.

It works good for me if you need help let me know what NuMotion your dealing with!

I have "myNumotion" on my laptop. Status of orders and/or repairs can be seen although they are usually behind real time. Can contact Permobil with the app and usually get a reply that day or next.

Registering your chair via a smart phone allows techs to take a peak at your chairs diagnostics (trouble codes). My guess, that prepares them for what to expect upon arrival.
    I don't have a phone that will allow me to register my chair so my response is basically what techs have told me about registering the chair.

Permobil had to come out several weeks ago about a bad noise in my seat back. When I called them, they asked if I'd registered it so techs could access it via their phone. In this case, a mechanical issue, the techs phone would not have given him any useful info. If you have an electrical/electronic issue, this feature can be useful to tech and you. Not sure how registering chair and "myNumotion" are related but I can imagine they are. I'll get a phone someday to take full advantage of this feature.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

I decided to take the plunge and sign up, but the myNumotion web site wouldn't let me register.

Looks like there's three different apps in this discussion:

1) myNumotion web site account.

2) Numotion remote tech phone app to let an out-of-state tech look at your chair.
    By the way, I tried this once and it just caused more confusion. My local branch had no idea where the service order was and it just delayed the repair that much longer, so I never tried it again.

3) Permobil Connect that sends info about your chair to Permobil. Maybe you can set it to send the info to Numotion as well?

It would be great to know if anyone else has had any luck with these before I waste anymore time trying to load them. New tech is sexy and all, but a giant headache if it doesn't work as promised.

An update on trying to get into the MyNumotion site:

I typed in the info requested and it said "doesn't match the info we have on file" and to call their national number. I called and spoke to someone who put me on and off hold for over 30 minutes. After being blasted by their deafening high volume hold music half a dozen times, I figure Numotion is going into the hearing aid business as well. She finally comes back and says she'll leave a message with the IT department and someone will call me back.

It's been over a week, and most of you won't be surprised I haven't heard back from anyone at Numotion.

Now I'm wondering if Medicare covers hearing aids. LOL!

That's the same problem I had when Numotion also, they would not return my phone calls and it took them some times a week just to reply to my email. I would do away with them but they are the only ones that take my insurance, so I'm kind of stuck with them. The last chair I got from them on the bill totaled out to $30,000, they build their insurance $60,000!
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Try pestering your local dealer. When they transfer you, after 5 min on hold, call local dealer again and again and again. Be a pain in there ass.

Retail papers on my F3 showed $72K (this included $1700.00 in options I paid). Medicare papers showed they allowed $20k.
    My previous chair 5+ yrs ago, retail $35k, Medicare allowed $25k. Go figure.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)