Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colostomy bag advice needed

colorplast wafer that we have to cut to size it really easy I got 1 of those hole cutters my size and punch them out or rather caregiver does colorplast pouches that have a tape I pull off stick on wafer

I change by what my body does sometime 1 a day if dirheaa or loose several time a day I have scrip for 90 bags a month.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    colorplast wafer that we have to cut to size it really easy I got 1 of those hole cutters my size and punch them out or rather caregiver does colorplast pouches that have a tape I pull off stick on wafer

I change by what my body does sometime 1 a day if dirheaa or loose several time a day I have scrip for 90 bags a month.
    Sounds like the only difference between the 1-piece and 2-piece is the wafer. My 1-piece sticks directly to my skin (I use a skin barrier first). I change it when needed if I have diarrhea it gets changed more often.

I too am a fan of the two piece type. I like vjls use the Coloplast cut to fit wafer but I have found that their convex wafer works better for me as far as keeping stool away from my body due to sitting in the chair. I get 60 bags a month and knock on wood I have never ran out in the 18 months I have been wearing the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by pukkap View Post
    why do you think you one piece system is better for quad? And what happens when you have a lot of diarrhea? Will the bag ever pop off if it is too full?
    the one piece just peels off no need to snap onto anything so I find it easy to change it with my limited hand function.

Yes it can pop off in extreme circumstances. In the last year I've dealt with occasional explosive watery diarrhea from c.diff where I've had to change bags multiple times in a few minutes. With the closed end pouch you have to change the pouch quickly. Fortunately I was at home and was able to manage.

That's why I'd like to be able to use a drainable pouch at times if I can figure out a way to empty one without pouring the mess all over myself!

Quote Originally Posted by beckman View Post
    the one piece just peels off no need to snap onto anything so I find it easy to change it with my limited hand function.

Yes it can pop off in extreme circumstances. In the last year I've dealt with occasional explosive watery diarrhea from c.diff where I've had to change bags multiple times in a few minutes. With the closed end pouch you have to change the pouch quickly. Fortunately I was at home and was able to manage.

That's why I'd like to be able to use a drainable pouch at times if I can figure out a way to empty one without pouring the mess all over myself!
    Eckman that is was a problem for me also my solution was garbage sack over lap and wheel then 2 or 3 Walmart inglres plastic sacks under pouch with totilet paper uder the so when I pull pouch off the toilet paper

does not let it back under wafer I dispose of [pouch in sack if I have more come out its contained in the sack and I can quickly throw it up on or in sink while I have another sack already in place for the unexpected

since the sci nurse recommend probactics I have had better stool lessrunny