Thread: Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Going for my first colonoscopy. My doctor said to take 4 dulcolax capsules at 1200 and at 5:00 start taking miralax with 64 ounces of water what should I expect to happen except the obvious

Plan to do nothing but be ready and set up for many trips to the thrown, the day before procedure (prep day).
    Putting on pants can cause problems = slow you down when the SUDDEN urge hits. Towel on chair seat and another on lap worked best for me.
    Follow what doc said about liquids you can drink and absolutely no food the prep day.
    If you don't clear out your colon completely, doc will not do procedure despite you being anesthetized for it. His first camera probe will tell him yea or nay to continue.

Mine required an assistant to be with me and he/she had to sign a paper saying they would not leave and would be responsible for my return trip home (I think this is SOP).

Don't dread it, relax, you'll go to sleep and awake in seconds it seems. Afterwards, you'll feel like you want to fart big time and you will. Let 'er rip.

Hope it goes well.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

I?ve had two over the years. On the second one I found going to all liquids about 2 days prior made things go best for me preping. Agree with Gear the procedure isn?t bad.
    Good luck.

WE recommend clear liquids starting 2-3 days before and 2-4 gallons of "golytely" or other such as MOVI prep. If you have neurogenic bowel, it is difficult to get ALL the stool out and they will just repeat it.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I tried your method and didn't clear me out in time. Had to use http://www.suprepkit.com/Index the next time and it worked better.