Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any quadriplegic ever stay at a Sunrise nursing home?

JK, your inclusion of a CNA requirement in your ad would rule out most nursing students, who have not obtained that training and state certification. While some people who work as PCAs have this training and certification, many will not, and yet may be excellent PCAs. In addition, I have found it very difficult to get a PCA to work for only 1 hour. It is not worth their travel time. 2-4 hour shifts are more attractive.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    I also feel the pain. I posted the following advertisement, but didn't get any response. Yes, I also posted it on nursing departments. Really hard.
    Geez, $28 an hour in Utah, and I live in the Bay Area, that doesn't bode well for me. And I agree with SCI nurse, it is definitely hard to find somebody for just one hour, but I'm so surprised that you you did not receive one response for your morning routine. That just blows my mind.

And you are so right Triumph, dogs get treated better than we do!