Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone with experienced with the Pressure/Guard mattres for a transfer master bed

Quote Originally Posted by pukkap View Post
    Yes KLD, I also am concerned about me not turning at all, however I just don't have the caregivers available to help me turn at night. I currently use one of these mattress overlays called Purap, https://getpurap.com/purap-bedsore-mattress/ which has been very helpful, but I realize this that I am getting older and I am playing with fire sleeping on my back for a long time. Is there a mattress that you can recommend so that I can stay on my back 24/7 if need be?
    There is no mattress that would safely allow you to remain on your back in bed for 24/7. Even an air-fluidized bed like a Clinitron requires that you be turned.

Since it appears you are spending your own money to purchase a bed and mattress (rather than trying to get it paid for by insurance), you might want to consider a turning LAL (low air loss) or other type of turning mattress. Examples include the Invacare microAir MA900 or microAIR MA95Z Lateral Rotation Low Air Loss Mattress System, the SpanAmerica PressureGuard Easy Air LR, or the Masonair Lateral Rotation Mattress.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thank you KLD for the recommendations and I am leaning towards the span America mattresses, and the SpanAmerica PressureGuard Easy Air LR is around $5000 and I noticed that there is this mattress that is being advertised on transfer master's website and I found it on vitality medical for much lower price, is there any difference between the two mattresses?

Also, will Medicare cover any of these items?

https://www.vitalitymedical.com/pressureguard-apm2-safety-supreme-mattress.html?network=g&device=c&keyword=&campaign =917484438&adgroup=pla-342721325255&gclid=CjwKCAiAlajvBRB_EiwA4vAqiPkisDF XSOX4mRc2wvUT6r2s5lM4zG007aD9Hdnud1MEbPSLQqrqUxoCR AEQAvD_BwE