Thread: Does Dragon really work?

Does Dragon really work?

I'm tired of using this hunt and peck On Screen Keyboard when I'm in bed. How well is Dragon now. It was worthless 20 years ago. If I need a mic/headset I'm out. Get it. I can't wearing that in bed. Maybe a better mic mounted right above the video eye. This Acer speakers /mic are fair, meaning some phone calls are perfect and sometimes they can't hear me well. So it might work ok like that.
    PRICE WTH!

https://www.google.com/search?q=drag...11119566215547

https://www.ebay.com/p/1502153766?ii...0aAsmxEALw_wcB
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

I (AB) use it on a MacBook without a mike now, but had to use a mike with previous versions. It has definitely improved. Dictation is pretty dialed in. Computer commands will take more practice.

Re price, you could check with your regional or state AT program to see if there might be a special deal. Also get on the Nuance email list for holiday sales, etc.

Use it and the on-screen keyboard exclusively now. If you have enough RAM and fast processor you should do just fine right out-of-the-box. My microphone sits on the headboard and on my win 10 computer the built-in mic works just as well.

What options are available for Mac users now, besides the built-in dictation and/or voice control? For the type of professional dictation I need it for, I find that what's built in doesn't fit the bill. I believe there are none, correct? Is my best option to use something like Parallels? I don't want to spend $ on Windows Dragon if it won't work much better.