Thread: Trigger finger

Trigger finger

I?ve had the trigger finger symptoms for over 6 yrs now. The clicking in my right middle finger but no pain until recently. It started a month ago. It would get stuck in the morning when I get up with extreme pain. I use this finger for digital stimulation plus typing at work. It seems like it?s getting worse day by day. My dr. gave me 3 options. 1) injection, 2) surgery or 3) do nothing. Is there anything I could?
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

This was all before sci, but I had a trigger finger on my middle finger, right hand. I lived with it for about a year and then tried the injection (I think cortisone) with no benefit. Then I had the surgery and was initially dissatisfied but after little bit of time it had taken care of the problem. I had no undesirable after effects.

Did he also offer some sessions with a hand therapist (usually an OT)? I would recommend that, plus the injections, first, and then if that does not resolve it, consider the surgery.

Meanwhile, you might want to use a digital stimulation device to allow your finger to rest somewhat.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Did he also offer some sessions with a hand therapist (usually an OT)? I would recommend that, plus the injections, first, and then if that does not resolve it, consider the surgery.

Meanwhile, you might want to use a digital stimulation device to allow your finger to rest somewhat.

(KLD)
    I didn’t know they have devices for digital stimulation. Do you have a link to one?
    T3 Complete

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Thank you!
    T3 Complete