Thread: Nerve transfer

Nerve transfer

Are there any legit clinics doing nerve transfer? That?s it, tired of waiting around for fairy tale cures, need to do something like right now. The nerve transfer procedure seems to be the best and only option for a quad at the moment.
    Since I got injured there were too many promising future therapies that slowly disappeared. To count a few, I was a big ?fan? of China SCI net trials which seemed like that?s it, this is it, the salvation... but of course it was too good to be true. Poor dr. Wise Young after his whole life work and dedication, when he thought he finally has it, ?something?, made it go off track and slowly be forgotten. What really is that ?something? we?ll never know. He isn?t even coming publicly anymore like he?s hiding out or something. Doesn?t this seem fishy to anyone??
    Another hugely promising therapy was the one lead by dr. Jan Eric Ahlfors which had unbelievable great outcomes, but of course this one too was cancelled with no good reason.
    Then the amazing transcutaneous stimulation therapy, developed by dr. Edgerton and the NRT, Nick Terrafranca?s ready to go on the market project, is GONE ! NRT has been closed down.
    I was also about to start a trial with the NRT device in Trinity college in Dublin. I went through different excitability tests in which I had astonishing results. We were all ready to start the trials, received the devices from the NRT, and just waiting to get everything else put together. Then for no reason whatsoever, some f bastards came and canceled the whole thing. Like WTF?! the professor I was in touch with, stopped communicating, and to only find out from other sources that he was transferred to different projects. Zero explanations, to me and the other candidates. Wtf?
    Something so promising and so close to happen that would change so many lives, it?s gone!! Some greedy bastards don?t want us to get better. Why would they? when they have so much to gain from our misery.
    Just being realistic here and putting things on the table as I see it. So the only feasible procedure to give someone like myself some improvement, is hopping to get a nerve transfer... ffs

I feel ya, I have been getting increasingly bad and frequent UTIs lately Aaaaand I think I am developing one today.... Actually just got back from a walk-in clinic to have my urine tested and I kinda just came out of the hospital last month for a UTI and they had me on IV vancomyacin (sp)?, I honestly don't know how much longer I can survive and I say that trying not to be overly dramatic... Anyone else wanna rant or have encouraging news?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

and I am pretty sure that NRT didn't really just go away, I think it morphed or something to GTX Medical
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I getting tired of it to. My bladder hurts all the time and makes me sick all over. Going to have my case manger make a appt. with urology clinic ASAP. Take the dam bladder out I had enough. All the stuff I have tried the side effects are killing me anyways.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    Then the amazing transcutaneous stimulation therapy, developed by dr. Edgerton and the NRT, Nick Terrafranca?s ready to go on the market project, is GONE ! NRT has been closed down.
    I was also about to start a trial with the NRT device in Trinity college in Dublin. I went through different excitability tests in which I had astonishing results. We were all ready to start the trials, received the devices from the NRT, and just waiting to get everything else put together. Then for no reason whatsoever, some f bastards came and canceled the whole thing. Like WTF?! the professor I was in touch with, stopped communicating, and to only find out from other sources that he was transferred to different projects. Zero explanations, to me and the other candidates. Wtf?
    NRT merged with GTX the other month.
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...s-Merge-Create

The development of the new stimulator has now been funded (by the existing investors in NRT). Unfortunately its going to be another 2 years (fingers crossed) before it will be approved on the market.

If you were on a trial in Dublin then I would recommend you contact Mark Pollock and ask wtf they are doing about the trial. Afaik they have had a device for years now and very few trials have been done.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    NRT merged with GTX the other month.
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...s-Merge-Create

The development of the new stimulator has now been funded (by the existing investors in NRT). Unfortunately its going to be another 2 years (fingers crossed) before it will be approved on the market.

If you were on a trial in Dublin then I would recommend you contact Mark Pollock and ask wtf they are doing about the trial. Afaik they have had a device for years now and very few trials have been done.
    I know about the merging with GTX but for me it’s like a disappearing strategy until will be forgotten. And the 2 year cliche is getting old. They’ll say the same 2 years from now.
    I did meet with Mark as well and unfortunately he doesn’t have many answers about when or if we’ll get our hands on the stim.
    Tired and disappointed... back to my nerve transfer question, beside the clinic in Australia, is any other closer to Europe doing it?

I know about the merging with GTX but for me it’s like a disappearing strategy until will be forgotten. And the 2 year cliche is getting old. They’ll say the same 2 years from now.
    I know this as much as anyone. Promises were made, mistruths told and mistakes made.
    The difference this time is that GTX is a company who the investors have a massive amount of confidence they will get the device out. In fact if they don't then GTX will loose out financially.
    The 2 years does seem like much faster than it will happen, however the pivotal trial plans are underway, if they hit them then I suppose it will be in the hands of the FDA.

I did meet with Mark as well and unfortunately he doesn’t have many answers about when or if we’ll get our hands on the stim.
    I would push this with him. He has had a unit for years, and there is only one person known to have used it - him.

Tired and disappointed... back to my nerve transfer question, beside the clinic in Australia, is any other closer to Europe doing it?
    I've looked at all the trials ongoing and there don't seem to be any in Europe, unless they aren't published on the registries. I do know there are some surgeons who will do this though (although not the same connections as in the Australian trial), you might want to bring it up with your spinal doctor.