Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those that remember,

For those that remember,

what were you doing 57 years ago today? I was in Biology class.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

And not one word or article today about it. I was in wood shop. Dang, 57 years ago. I remember when they closed the files for 50 years and thought, I'll never live to see 50 years later. Seems like it went by in a flash.

I was in 6th grade, watching Spanish language lessons on CCTV. Teacher from the next classroom ran in and told our teacher to change the channel to CBS. Watched Walter Cronkite...I remember so clearly even the seat I was using. We all cried (teachers and students). They sent us home (these were the days when most mothers where home in the middle of the day). We didn't go back to school until the Monday after the funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    And not one word or article today about it.
    They have been talking about it on NPR on and off all morning.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I was too young to remember that day. My office mate told me that all the federal government workers were sent home and a peace blanketed the country.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

I wasn't alive but it was 56 years ago, no?

I was on my way to a chemistry class at Pitt. A friend came running over to me and broke the news. I cannot forget Today is also my birthday. The assassination overshadows any celebration. If you have not read it, it is a good time to pickup Stephen King's novel, 11/22/63. An interesting "what if" story.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55+yrs. View Post
    I was on my way to a chemistry class at Pitt. A friend came running over to me and broke the news. I cannot forget Today is also my birthday. The assassination overshadows any celebration. If you have not read it, it is a good time to pickup Stephen King's novel, 11/22/63. An interesting "what if" story.
    They produced a TV series based on the book on Hulu, that we just watched.

Glad to hear someone is KLD. A little disappointed none of the major outlets have.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I wasn't alive but it was 56 years ago, no?
    Thank you for the correction, it was 1963, 56 years ago.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

I was walking across campus with a fellow, more senior and older engineering student. I was shocked, saddened and angry, ready to take out whatever country did it if that was the case. He being older and wiser saying something like, I don't think so, not so fast.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.