Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cushion besides Roho

When I did a seating clinic at Kessler, they quickly decided I needed a custom Jay Deep Comfort cushion with a 10% overfill and an extra inch of length.
    When I got that, I returned on my Roho 4" Quad.
    When we mapped the two, it was night and day! The Roho was so much better! No red pressure points at all while the custom hot rodded Jay had a bunch.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I've never had pressure mapping, which is definitely something I should do.

But when I do I wouldn't even let them map the Roho. It's all well and good to have great pressure mapping, but every roho style cushion I've had goes irreparably flat at some point, then I'm stuck with little to no cushion until I can get it fixed. Depending on where you are and what you're doing that could be catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    When I did a seating clinic at Kessler, they quickly decided I needed a custom Jay Deep Comfort cushion with a 10% overfill and an extra inch of length.
    When I got that, I returned on my Roho 4" Quad.
    When we mapped the two, it was night and day! The Roho was so much better! No red pressure points at all while the custom hot rodded Jay had a bunch.
    They have good marketing, which is apparently more important than your butt.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    It's all well and good to have great pressure mapping, but every roho style cushion I've had goes irreparably flat at some point, then I'm stuck with little to no cushion until I can get it fixed. Depending on where you are and what you're doing that could be catastrophic.
    Yes, one of the down-sides of the Roho cushion is that it is high maintenance. You have to check the inflation at least daily, and may have issues using in areas where punctures could be common (if you have cats, for example, or are working in a machine shop). That should be taken into consideration anytime someone is having a seating evaluation by a good therapist.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Found it after looking at the Ease cushion for $3,000 not covered by insurance. I have been on it for 3 weeks, pushing protien and wounds are improving slowly. Roho and J cushions were not working any mo0re. Wound clinic had no answers. I'm on an alternating pressure mattress at night and sit on this cushion around 10 - 12 hours a day.

I have setting on soft, alternating pressure (not static) and low battery alarm on. It fits in my backpack of my power chair. Says charge time is 4 hours and last on the low setting for right around 10 hours. I purchased an extra power adapter off Amazon and carry it with me. In 8 or5 so hours we plug in and I sit for 1/2 hour or so while it runs and charges at the same time.

4 lights lit is a full charge, Pump makes a little noise but it's not very loud. Cover is not porous and you can just wipe it off. The foam base is a little thin but it's not a problem. 4" high X 20" wide X 18" deep is the one I bought.

I know several other people testing it and all good so far.
    ^^(A)^^

Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    Found it after looking at the Ease cushion for $3,000 not covered by insurance. I have been on it for 3 weeks, pushing protien and wounds are improving slowly. Roho and J cushions were not working any mo0re. Wound clinic had no answers. I'm on an alternating pressure mattress at night and sit on this cushion around 10 - 12 hours a day.

I have setting on soft, alternating pressure (not static) and low battery alarm on. It fits in my backpack of my power chair. Says charge time is 4 hours and last on the low setting for right around 10 hours. I purchased an extra power adapter off Amazon and carry it with me. In 8 or5 so hours we plug in and I sit for 1/2 hour or so while it runs and charges at the same time.

4 lights lit is a full charge, Pump makes a little noise but it's not very loud. Cover is not porous and you can just wipe it off. The foam base is a little thin but it's not a problem. 4" high X 20" wide X 18" deep is the one I bought.

I know several other people testing it and all good so far.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Good luck with your wound healing. Keep us posted how things are going, and if the cushion continues to work for you.

I was pressured mapped using both a Roho and the Stimulite Contour that I have been using for 18 years. The mapping showed the Roho was better than the Stimulite so I went with the Roho. After 7 months I went back to the Stimulite as my butt looked less angry after a day of sitting on it vs. the Roho. I will wait and be remapped again this summer but for now I will continue to use the Stimulite Contour and keep the Roho for a spare.

I switched to this. https://vicair.com/product/wheelchai...ector-o2-10cm/
    No more air leak worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadier View Post
    I switched to this. https://vicair.com/product/wheelchai...ector-o2-10cm/
    No more air leak worries.
    How is it for transfers? Looks like it might be a little unstable to push on. Of course, Roho isn't brilliant in that aspect either.

Well I know one thing, be sure you don't risk your skin!
    Nov 8th I fell fractured both wrist, radius and ulna on one and radius in other got pins. Odd when think them sticking out under my cast on it.
    While in hospital they kept me on heart floor in bed cause of compression fracture in lumber region. But they put patches on my lump from old fractures at lower thoracic. After surgery on wrists 5 days later they moved me to ortho floor.
    Just got out of rehab and my rear is sore! No breakdowns but while in rehab they used foam cushion and in plain manual chair, since was do weigh bearing on wrists hence no power chair. At least surgeon upped me to 5lbs to one and 3lbs to other.
    Now I'm home and my rear is happy be back on ROHO and powered mobility with tilt, leg and recline!!!