Thread: Anyone have a new van with courtesy feature?

Anyone have a new van with courtesy feature?

Anyone have a 2019 van with courtesy feature that works like if you do not open the passenger or driver side door you can listen to the radio and put down the windows for 15 minutes? it is hooked to my EZ lock so everytime I need to get out of the van I need to open one of those doors and disabled that feature. It's a Dodge Caravan by the way
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 11-19-2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Correction of title
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Not sure I follow...the radio comes on when you unlatch from the EZ lock?

I can roll down the power window for a couple minutes after turning the vehicle off but it's never caused a problem. 2016 toyota.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

You might check the user settings, I'll bet there are options for the duration of the courtesy, and maybe a 0 time to disable.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Whoever wired your EZ lock did you dirt. It should have been powered from a secure source. Take it back and get it rewired. They just need to route the wires somewhere where there is an uninterruptible battery connection.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I have a 2019 Pacifica w 2900miles..Whenever I move the transfer base, it also activates the courtesy lights etc. so must be same wiring for an EZ lock. There are controls in the UConnect settings for length of time and possible shutoff for the accs. etc..

Had trouble with the electrical ESS and battery drain. After three tries with van gone for two days each time, they changed out the wiring harness and found the drivers latch remained open when door was closed. Took in for 4th time, they contacted Chrysler engineers who sent a program to correct it and also mentioned to open the drivers side door once in a while. It seems there's an extra sensor for the D door and if not opened it confuses the comp. module. Since the reconfiguration and opening door, no problems. So as a precaustion, open and close your d. side door once in awhile. It's getting to be a habit now.

I dislike that I have to take the transfer base all the way up to the firewall then back the seat to the proper position. If not touching, an alarm rings. I understand there's a fuse that can be pulled to shut off the alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Whoever wired your EZ lock did you dirt. It should have been powered from a secure source. Take it back and get it rewired. They just need to route the wires somewhere where there is an uninterruptible battery connection.
    I think Nonoise is right. EZ Lock should not be affected by the courtesy feature.
    However, after thinking about it for a moment, it could be wired that way to prevent EZ Lock from being accidentally disengaged with key on/driving.
    Still something in need of answers.

I will look in my 2007 Caravan owners manual to see if courtesy feature has adjustable timing but I think not.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    However, after thinking about it for a moment, it could be wired that way to prevent EZ Lock from being accidentally disengaged with key on/driving.
    Maybe they tapped the wrong wire and wanted the automatic doorlocks that engage when in gear/motion.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    I think Nonoise is right. EZ Lock should not be affected by the courtesy feature.
    Still something in need of answers.

I will look in my 2007 Caravan owners manual to see if courtesy feature has adjustable timing but I think not.

That was a safety feather on my mother's EZ Lock in her van. You had to turn off the ignition to release the lock.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Anyone have a 2019 van with courtesy feature that works like if you do not open the passenger or driver side door you can listen to the radio and put down the windows for 15 minutes? it is hooked to my EZ lock so everytime I need to get out of the van I need to open one of those doors and disabled that feature. It's a Dodge Caravan by the way

its not wired correctly.

its supposed to wired to the ignition not the wire its currently connected too.

jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Right its not wired correctly. They are trying to figure it out after the holidays
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"