Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Permobil M400 issues

Okay I will replace them and see. I also removed both of the motors today and I am going to open them and look at the brushes etc. and see if anything looks bad. Thanks again.

Another question if you don’t mind. I want to replace my grey tires with black ones while it is apart. What are the largest size tires I can put on the front and rear casters. They show 200x50 on the current ones.

I don't think there's an available next size up that'll work, but not sure. Honestly, I'm not familiar with Permobile, but You might be able to get more info about that question on the forums at wheelchairdriver.com.

Okay I will ask there. Thanks

I wanted to post an update to my issues and let you know what fixed the problem. It turned out to be my left motor was the issue. I ended up taking it apart and it had a lot of carbon build up on the commutator of the motor. I cleaned it with some fine grit sandpaper as well as the brushes and it is working great. See enclosed pictures of before and after the motors were cleaned. Also as you can see the left motor is much worst then the right one. I appreciate everyone?s help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

First picture didn?t upload.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks like Rt one had brush skipping.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Nice work. I would order new brushes to install later. The original curvature is difficult to replicate.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Thank you. Someone mentioned I should run the motors without any load for approximately an hour to help conform the brushes since I smoothed them out or when I replace. Does that sound right to you guys?

I would like to order new brushes, but I don’t know where to get them or know the true sizes. Does anyone know the sizes or part # and where to order replacements?

These should be fairly available.

Try this site https://store.eurtonelectric.com/brushes.aspx , but first check our their youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7yo0PheRzE
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.