Thread: Just when things were going good...

Just when things were going good...

I found a drug combination that has really helped my SP stoma leakage. Vesicare and Myrbetriq... My bowels are doing a little better and then yesterday morning. While getting my bed bath, I was doing my (quadriplegic yoga), straddling the bed and laying forward on my belly to stretch, get my back washed and as a way to pass gas. Anyhow, my dad and caregiver where putting in a new draw sheet and tucking it under my buttocks when they apparently pushed it in too far and ended up ripping my scrotum. I ended up having to go to the ER and get 5 stitches. The awkwardness of calling 911 was only beaten by the look I got from the ER staff as I rolled into the hospital. Fortunately, it looks like it should heal quickly with the stitches (provided they don't pop loose).

Anyhow another notch in my belt of crazy shit that happens when you have an SCI.

So, how was everyone else's weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I found a drug combination that has really helped my SP stoma leakage. Vesicare and Myrbetriq... My bowels are doing a little better and then yesterday morning. While getting my bed bath, I was doing my (quadriplegic yoga), straddling the bed and laying forward on my belly to stretch, get my back washed and as a way to pass gas. Anyhow, my dad and caregiver where putting in a new draw sheet and tucking it under my buttocks when they apparently pushed it in too far and ended up ripping my scrotum. I ended up having to go to the ER and get 5 stitches. The awkwardness of calling 911 was only beaten by the look I got from the ER staff as I rolled into the hospital. Fortunately, it looks like it should heal quickly with the stitches (provided they don't pop loose).

Anyhow another notch in my belt of crazy shit that happens when you have an SCI.

So, how was everyone else's weekend?
    Please work out with your dad a more entertaining version of how this injury happened, then share it here. This just begs for creativity!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetracyclone View Post
    Please work out with your dad a more entertaining version of how this injury happened, then share it here. This just begs for creativity!
    Crazy red-haired lady with braces got too carried away! Better? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    Crazy red-haired lady with braces got too carried away! Better? lol
    Oh, that is so much better.

I approve of this revised version!

Did I mention that it was actually twins? And we were vaping thc... lol