Thread: Vangater II + Power Chair

Vangater II + Power Chair

Is anyone using a power chair with a Vangater II Lift?
    I'm in the process of switching to a power chair. The one I selected is 350 lbs and I weigh about 180 lbs which is under the 600 lbs capacity for the lift. The single arm Vangater sure does struggle and I'm concerned about how safe it is.
    Anyone using a power chair with a Vangater or should I start pricing out dual arm Braun or Ricon lifts?
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Just curious, does it struggle as much if the van is running?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Good idea. I tried it with the engine running and it went up smoother but the lift flexes so much that the side with the single arm is higher than the opposite side.

Works fine for a manual chair but I don't see how the 600 lb lifting capacity can be realistic.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Unfortunately the lift isn't being made any longer so trying to get a straight answer from Braun may be futile. That said, you would think they would be overly cautious with their rating. I use that lift as well, but it is with a manual chair.

BTW, do you take your key out of the ignition when home? I ask because I have learned that vehicles have a sleep mode and it will not happen with the key in the ignition, and the Vangater II is happy with the vehicle going into sleep mode.

Good to know. I always leave the key in. Never had any electrical problems with it. Overall the lift has been pretty reliable.

I used to leave the key in also. What year is you van?

2014 Ford E-150

Dang, you are blessed!

Very True.