Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Klebsiella oxytoca UTI

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    I don't get any of those symptoms when I get a UTI. I do leak around my sp and continue to leak until the antibiotics takes care of it.
    How was this diagnosed as a UTI? A positive culture (colonization) generally should not be treated.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    How was this diagnosed as a UTI? A positive culture (colonization) generally should not be treated.

(KLD)
    When this (>100,000 cfu/ml Klebsiella oxytoca and >100,000 cfu/ml Pseudomonas
    aeruginosa) shows up on my C&S and I am leaking around my sp 24/7. If it wasn't treated I would still be leaking around my sp.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    When this (>100,000 cfu/ml Klebsiella oxytoca and >100,000 cfu/ml Pseudomonas
    aeruginosa) shows up on my C&S and I am leaking around my sp 24/7. If it wasn't treated I would still be leaking around my sp.
    I also have a count over 100,000, luckily I was able to schedule an appointment with my usual urologist tomorrow who has far more experienced with spinal cord injuries and he told me to never go back to the urologist who told me to take the antibiotics, LOL.

Thank you for the recommendations KLD!