Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: remote start

I would not have a van w/o remote start. We have 2 Ford Econolines (2003 and 2010) with Braun lifts and remote starts. If I operate doors and lift w/o 1st starting the engine the lift sounds sick and slows down dramatically to the point we are afraid to be on the lift for fear it will fail. I brought this up in a previous thread, my wife needed to be hospitalized for 30 days for pt and medical tx after a recurrence of C-Diff. At the facility where she was hospitalized our remote starts would not work. Because the ignition key is right of the steering column I could not reach to manually turn the key. Staff at the facility denied that other visitors had reported similar problems. I eventually discovered a hack- on the 2003 van - the radio screen blinked twice when i keyed the fob, I tried opening the passenger door, extending my arm as close to the radio as possible then keying the fob. This started the engine.

In a previous thread a commenter mentioned a problem similar to this in the Chicago area where remote starts and garage door openers were failing due to a neighbor who was experimenting with a homemade, home security system on the same frequency. Any additional ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    Most do a crappy job at doing this. I had to take my dash out of my 1995 van because it keep messing things up. Had to take it off and repair the wires they spliced into with just electrical tape. If factory can't install it forget it. On my 1995 van I just start it by hand from driver door and let it warm up for 10 to 15 minutes till its warmed up.
    You can put the keys in and start your van from the front door while still in your chair?? I couldn't even come close.

I added remote start to my last two vehicles. It's great for defrosting the windshield. Wouldn't have a vehicle without it.
    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

thanks you all pretty much summed it for me its not a big deal I will be asking around thanks

$199 installed

https://www.pcrichard.com/Viper/Vipe...IPERDS4VP.pcrp

You can get this price matched at Bestbuy. But, BB is also listing $199 as their Black Friday price.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Kulea View Post
    $199 installed

https://www.pcrichard.com/Viper/Vipe...IPERDS4VP.pcrp

You can get this price matched at Bestbuy. But, BB is also listing $199 as their Black Friday price.
    calling them now they have I in tally

if your lift is straining when operating without the motor running, you probably have a weak battery.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    You can put the keys in and start your van from the front door while still in your chair?? I couldn't even come close.
    I can start it with both manual and electric chair. Using the electric chair is easyer because I sit higher in the chair. Am 6 foot but have long arms I guess helps. Man what a mess outside with the snow and now blowing like crazy. Not gonna touch it till the dam wind stops or it just comes back before your done. Adrain, Michigan here.
    Art