Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: winter

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I hate winter and long pants. as a quad on weekends I take care of my self a bath with no rinse. then getting dressed in pants. its getting harder to get them dam thing on then get the pants legs down with out a wedgey

any suggestions? all mine are elastic waist bands
    Shorts are the best lol. To put on jeans I roll side to side and reach as far back to my bum with my hands inside the jeans. Does anyone wear spandex or some type of tight running pants? Something that will make transfers and sliding around on bed easier?
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Here is my pants up easy set up.
    I mounted it across the window framing.
    It protrudes a lot, enough to mount above a toilet, I think. I want to open it up and shorten the arms ~6"; also, paint it something other than medical-white!
    I recall paying $800 for it. I think the original quote was $1,199? I candidly told them I'd been putting my pants on while seated in my chair for 23 years and that the asking price was too high for the little improvement in life it would provide, which was the truth at the time.
    At some point, someone called me and we arranged for this special price.
    Now that I have it I realize that the improvement was quite great! After a few transfers, my pants are falling down and I'll zip into the BR and haul them up; after emptying my colostomy bag in the toilet in front of PUEz, I back up and pull my trough-flow back up EZ!

You can see from the two pictures how much it lifts me and how un-constrained I am (I can take pics/I can reach around and tuck in my shirts).
    I highly recommend it! You just need to figure out where there's a pair of studs you can screw into unless you feel like doing a little carpentry.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by pfcs49; 11-12-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I went ahead and bought some 80% nylon 20% spandex. The other material was 80 polyester 20 spandex. Well see if they help sliding.

Thats a neat idea for dressing. My goal is to figure out how to keep pants from up morning to night. I usually dont transfer much during the day. Couldn't you put some armrest on a big barn door hinge and get the same result? If you wanted you could make them move up and down. Does anyone wear overalls?
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    I went ahead and bought some 80% nylon 20% spandex. The other material was 80 polyester 20 spandex. Well see if they help sliding.

Thats a neat idea for dressing. My goal is to figure out how to keep pants from up morning to night. I usually dont transfer much during the day. Couldn't you put some armrest on a big barn door hinge and get the same result? If you wanted you could make them move up and down. Does anyone wear overalls?
    the "D" pads need to be able to rotate from the start position (arms up-angle ~45*) to 180*/straight down lifted position, so ~135* and the axis needs to be somewhere around the middle of the D.

Also, see the 1st pic, there's a spring loaded plunger that pulls out and allows one inch increments of height adjustment.

Often I'll make many transfers when I go out in my car. I wonder about suspenders sometimes, but that might be a PITA and possible problem with pressure on the back connections and my body.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Ime I am a gal but I wear jeans with eleastic waist on weekends I too roll side to side takes about to rolls to get this all my pants but sweat transfer pretty easy . I work from home so I am up all day no transfer til night. I if I go somewhere I transfer in and out of seat to drive I can lean over and pull right side up but left not happening but for most part they stay up unless to big for me

dam wind is screaming around house its cold and my house is pretty tight no drafts

that's to dam cold I am on a trail riding site they were in wy shoveling 10 feet of snow to get out of mountains hd a pack string of 73 horses and mules. it was wild
    Can you tell me the trail riding site? I'd like to check it out. (Sorry to change the subject)

HTCAA | Horse Trails & Camping Across America its on face book just friend them wow beautiful country all over usa and just really beautiful.. I used to ride made my living at for years at racetrack in ca

also that's how I ended up on this site my horse fell going to the first barrel in Montgomery al

29 degrees early this morning. Read (somewhere) that it was warmer in Alaska.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

HTCAA | Horse Trails & Camping Across America its on face book just friend them wow beautiful country all over usa and just really beautiful.. I used to ride made my living at for years at racetrack in ca

also that's how I ended up on this site my horse fell going to the first barrel in Montgomery al
    Amazing experiences you have had. Thanks for the information!