Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: winter

winter

I hate winter and long pants. as a quad on weekends I take care of my self a bath with no rinse. then getting dressed in pants. its getting harder to get them dam thing on then get the pants legs down with out a wedgey

any suggestions? all mine are elastic waist bands

Same situation for me. Since cloths resist going on towel dried yet still moist skin, I have to wait 10 or more minutes before attempting dressing. I have a towel in chair, another in lap, and one over my shoulders and chest. Next I get near a heat outlet, let air do the remaining drying and reduce chill. Then I dress. Socks are harder so I put them over the sock tool, spray powdered foot spray into them. This allows my feet to slide into socks easier. For me, this reduces the struggle and added stress. Sweat pants w/o elastic legs and sweat shirts are my winter wardrobe.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

I got a Pant's Up Easy. It's great, allows me to hang from my armpits, off the cushion while pulling pants up and tucking myself in.
    If you can mange pulling the pants and tucking in, you should get one. I think I pair $800, but worth it!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

i do this in bed and stretch legs but i get the feet in then up as far as i can the hand in pocket and roll side to die to get up. i have never bymyself got dress in a chair you guys are quad or para

Get one leg amputated. It really speeds things up you wouldn’t believe how easy it is now
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    I got a Pant's Up Easy. It's great, allows me to hang from my armpits, off the cushion while pulling pants up and tucking myself in.
    If you can mange pulling the pants and tucking in, you should get one. I think I pair $800, but worth it!
    Whew, almost $1000 but looks like a useful tool. Web site says insurance may cover it.
    https://www.pantsupeasyoffers.com/
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

hmm I wonder if I could use it I just did survey

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    thanks om heads up on this I told Amberly about she order 1 . she is a lpara thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I hate winter
    Likewise! It was -3F this morning, the coldest deer hunt I've been on in the past 55 years.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Likewise! It was -3F this morning, the coldest deer hunt I've been on in the past 55 years.
    that's to dam cold I am on a trail riding site they were in wy shoveling 10 feet of snow to get out of mountains hd a pack string of 73 horses and mules. it was wild