Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgery at th chronic stage in Kunming clinic.

Surgery at th chronic stage in Kunming clinic.

Are there any news on the reliability of this procedure. Infos from someone who has been in this clinic would be the best. Thanks.
    T4 AIS A since 07/05/2017

"We lie the best when we lie to ourselves."

You need to be more specific about the the procedure.

Good point Jim, if you were specific about what the upcoming trial in the US involved then people would be able to be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    Good point Jim, if you were specific about what the upcoming trial in the US involved then people would be able to be specific.
    I haven't been specific about our upcoming trial?

This: http://en.kmtrh.org/news/1378112866039.html

Some weeks ago I've read an article/interview of Dr. Wise Young about the comparison between intense rehabilitation and these surgical techniques, in terms of effectiveness, and the resluts given by their use together.

I cannot find that specific article but these are similar: http://www.newmobility.com/2019/10/s...s-of-function/ http://www.newmobility.com/2016/07/china-trials/

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I haven't been specific about our upcoming trial?
    Hi Jim,

Any idea of when more details of the protocol to be used for the walking in the trials will be available?
    The stem cells is well known and documented in the trial record on clinicaltrials.gov, but the main part, the thing that takes 6 months of your life is just listed as "Locomotor training for up to 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, and for 3-6 months."

Locomotor training could mean anything from using a Lokomat all the way to what they do at Kunming.

I really don't understand some of you.
    They are being as 'specific' as they can be.

It doesn't seem to be that complicated. For the first few weeks they are going to get people off their butts standing in a standing frame for as long as possible (up to 6 hours)..

Then the goal is to get people walking as much as possible, hopefully building to 6 hours a day. Obviously that walking will have significant assistance, especially in the beginning. For example people to help lock the knees, Advance the legs, Etc. I'm sure if Locomats are available, and it is a realistic option they will be used.

If you read the posts, Jim has been extremely open about the information he has. You can also read the numerous articles Dr. Wise has on the internet.

Another thing. If you go to Dr. Wise Young's open forums, he is more than happy to discuss everything with people. I have had family members go many times to discuss things with him. The truth is, they are not 100% sure of the best protocol. They discussed the possibility of locomats, vibration plates, etc to compliment above ground walking and improve return.

I feel like some of you continue to question the exercise in the hopes that they will tell you you don't really need to do as much of it. Let's face the facts of this situation! Everyone is going to have to work their asses off for many hours a day for many months to begin to see results.

Sorry for the rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchitsu View Post
    I really don't understand some of you.
    They are being as 'specific' as they can be.

It doesn't seem to be that complicated. For the first few weeks they are going to get people off their butts standing in a standing frame for as long as possible (up to 6 hours)..

Then the goal is to get people walking as much as possible, hopefully building to 6 hours a day. Obviously that walking will have significant assistance, especially in the beginning. For example people to help lock the knees, Advance the legs, Etc. I'm sure if Locomats are available, and it is a realistic option they will be used.

If you read the posts, Jim has been extremely open about the information he has. You can also read the numerous articles Dr. Wise has on the internet.

Another thing. If you go to Dr. Wise Young's open forums, he is more than happy to discuss everything with people. I have had family members go many times to discuss things with him. The truth is, they are not 100% sure of the best protocol. They discussed the possibility of locomats, vibration plates, etc to compliment above ground walking and improve return.

I feel like some of you continue to question the exercise in the hopes that they will tell you you don't really need to do as much of it. Let's face the facts of this situation! Everyone is going to have to work their asses off for many hours a day for many months to begin to see results.

Sorry for the rant.
    Please rant all you like.

I think its completely valid to ask for some details on what you will have to spend 6 months of your life doing. For every clinical trial there is a protocol that will be followed, this is far more than the sentence of guesses you mention.

My question still stands, what kind of locomotor training will be involved?

Please rant all you like.

I think its completely valid to ask for some details on what you will have to spend 6 months of your life doing. For every clinical trial there is a protocol that will be followed, this is far more than the sentence of guesses you mention.

My question still stands, what kind of locomotor training will be involved?
    It is 6 hours of this:

https://youtu.be/_6E7hAaWH4A

I'm glad the discussion is having such success, but I was asking about the surgical treatments not the rheab procedures, however I've found this old 3d http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...hlight=kunming