Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Breakthrough in spinal cord injury treatment (interview with doctor Wise Young)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GcS...FLLCgPobX/view

Paolo, are you a complete injury? If this isn't exciting to you, then I imagine you must be incomplete because this is pretty damn exciting to me. Dude barely has any muscle at all and is doing pretty good for having a complete SCI.
    It really is incredible to watch.
    I am really looking forward to seeing the results of the people in the 6 x 6 x 6 without stem cells...

Just very curious to see how much extreme amounts of exercise / practice would help people.

I guess I'm a bit 'lucky' in that I'm fairly incomplete and can ambulate. So maybe instead of 30 minutes a day, if I do many hours a day, I can get my functional life back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GcS...FLLCgPobX/view

Paolo, are you a complete injury? If this isn't exciting to you, then I imagine you must be incomplete because this is pretty damn exciting to me. Dude barely has any muscle at all and is doing pretty good for having a complete SCI.
    Hope you can enter the US trial.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchitsu View Post
    It really is incredible to watch.
    I am really looking forward to seeing the results of the people in the 6 x 6 x 6 without stem cells...

Just very curious to see how much extreme amounts of exercise / practice would help people.

I guess I'm a bit 'lucky' in that I'm fairly incomplete and can ambulate. So maybe instead of 30 minutes a day, if I do many hours a day, I can get my functional life back.....
    The nine who are randomized to the 6-6-6 only group will be offered the cells after the trial, followed by 6 more months of training. This group will probably do the best.

The 6 weeks of outpatient PT will only be 5-5-5, the rehab centers can't do 6-6-6.

They had a trial in Kunming, hasn't been published yet. Thirty subjects, complete, C5-T10, randomized to surgery, no surgery, both 6-6-6. The surgery consisted of aggressive untethering and removal of adhesions to restore normal cerebral spinal flow. About 25% in each group 'walked' between Kunming level III/IV. 85% of the surgery group regained bowel/bladder. Pretty incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The nine who are randomized to the 6-6-6 only group will be offered the cells after the trial, followed by 6 more months of training. This group will probably do the best.

The 6 weeks of outpatient PT will only be 5-5-5, the rehab centers can't do 6-6-6.

They had a trial in Kunming, hasn't been published yet. Thirty subjects, complete, C5-T10, randomized to surgery, no surgery, both 6-6-6. The surgery consisted of aggressive untethering and removal of adhesions to restore normal cerebral spinal flow. About 25% in each group 'walked' between Kunming level III/IV. 85% of the surgery group regained bowel/bladder. Pretty incredible.
    when might that paper you speak of be published?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I'll ask Wise