I've been keeping in touch by email with an old friend for the past year. About three months ago I stopped hearing from her. Fast forward - we finally connected when I found emails from her in my Junk Mail on my MacBook. (Our Mail account is with AOL). We both thought we had "ghosted" each other because of some random statement.
When I had not heard from her for several weeks I thought she was offended by something I said in my last email to her.....I read it over several times and....no nothing rude, etc.! She thought the same thing.
After we reconnected, I started going to my Junk Mail when I expected a response from her, and sure enough, there was a reply to my latest email.
On her side, she got my emails fine and had no trouble getting emails from her other contacts.
I have gone over my computer mail settings, even labeling her VIP, and still her emails show up in Junk Mail. The only way I can find them is to do a search for VIP mail. I have even read "If emails are incorrectly marked as junk", in my computer mail guide, and made changes.
Just wondering if anyone can help me figure this out. I have no idea why her emails suddenly started going to Junk Mail, where I didn't find them for weeks.