Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sp tube?

sp tube?

Hello ,what should i use to get rid of urine odor coming from my sp tube where the drainage bag connects?

Are you maintaining a closed system?

Do you clean the catheter outside the stoma when washing the stoma area daily? Do you use an antibacterial soap for this?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

[QUOTE=SCI-Nurse;1887456]Are you maintaining a closed system? yes

Do you clean the catheter outside the stoma when washing the stoma area daily? Do you use an antibacterial soap for this? I use regular soap but this area is fine

Have you ever needed to flush the catheter? do you have sediment? how often do you change your suprapubic catheter?
    What is your water intake during the day?

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

[QUOTE=SCI-Nurse;1887577]Have you ever needed to flush the catheterI rarely flush it do you have sedimentII am noticing some lately how often do you change your suprapubic cathetIt gets changed every four weeks
    What is your water intake during the day?Maybee 32 ounces

To the nurse, what antibacterial soap do you guys like to use? Just a simple over the counter liquid soap, or something like hibiclens?

If the odor is happening on a regular basis and getting sediment you could flush it once weekly or every other week
    any history of UTI?

Any liquid soap mixed with warm water and a washcloth should be fine.

pbr

[QUOTE=SCI-Nurse;1887684]If the odor is happening on a regular basis and getting sediment you could flush it once weekly or every other week
    any history of UTI? What should i flush with? No i rarely get uti's

Any liquid soap mixed with warm water and a washcloth should be fine.

32 ounces is nowhere near enough for a day. That is your problem.

Yeah, I would up the water intake, one quart is next to nothing.