Thread: Does this look like a pressure sore or a rash?

Does this look like a pressure sore or a rash?

This is on my lower back, so not a spot I sit on. The first picture is from yesterday and the other is from this morning. To me it looks more like a rash. I have gotten similar looking things like it in that area, but not usually that red. I wear an abdominal binder with a piece of sheepskin on the inside on the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

maybe shingles? Have you had Chickenpox?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

I have had chickenpox. Can shingles happen at any age?

I had shingles when I was aged 60. The blisters were quite a bit larger than what you show. And over a larger area, though I believe that varies a lot.

my wife just had it, and it looked a lot like that. It comes in all sizes and can happne at any age.

Of course it could be a basic rash, too.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Might be a localized skin infection. I was thinking bug bite until I saw that little white bumps. MRSA is very common. They have outbreaks at schools all the time. Folliculitis maybe?? I would get it checked though. They can swab it really easy at your doctor's office.

https://www.staph-infection-resource...mrsa-pictures/
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Impossible to tell from just a photo. Shingles will follow a nerve path. You need to get a swab or scrapping of the area by a physician to get a more definite diagnosis. Meanwhile don't let anyone near you who has not had chicken pox or had the vaccine.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.